"Joyner, I know her. She's a Brit, right?" Derek asks.

"Well, dual citizenship. Her father's British, her mother's American." Hotch says. "She was a big deal at Scotland Yard before coming to the bureau."

"I heard she can be a little bit of a pain in the ass." Derek says.

"I didn't think so." Hotch says.

"You know her?" Emily asks.

"We liaised when she was still at Scotland Yard." Hotch says.

"And she's good?" Rossi asks.

"I think we're lucky to have her." Hotch says.

+++

They get to the office and Kate Joyner walks towards them.

"Is it just me or does she look exactly like Haley?" JJ quietly asks.

"Freaky." Bedelia whispers.

"Kate." Hotch greets.

"Aaron. How have you been?" She asks.

"Well, thank you. This is my team. Kate Joyner, this is David Rossi, Emily Prentiss, Jennifer Jareau, Bedelia Davis, Penelope Garcia, Derek Morgan, and Spencer Reid."

"Thanks for being here. Anything that you need, just tell me. Please don't stand on protocol." Kate says.

"What can you tell us about the city's surveillance system?" Penelope asks.

"Um, it's run by the NYPD. It's still in the infant stages. It's been rather controversial. American privacy laws. Um, but they've had some success." Kate says.

"And I'll have complete access?" Penelope asks.

"They're already expecting you." Kate says making Penelope smile. "Shelley?" She asks the woman next to her who leads Penelope off.

"I'd like to get a map of the borough. I want to do a comprehensive geographical profile of the area in order to ascertain the unsub's mental map before it's clouded by our own linkage blindness." Spencer says.

"I see you brought your own computer." A detective comments.

"Detectives Brustin and Cooper." Kate introduces. "I'll let you do the introductions."

"You caught the first shooting?" Rossi asks.

"They've all been in different precincts. It wasn't until the third murder that anyone even made the connection." Cooper says.

"I guess this is where we play nice and ask you what you need." Brustin says.

"I'll let you all figure out what that is. I just ask that you run everything back through me." Kate says. "It's been my experience that having one butt on the line is enough."

"Yes, ma'am." Brustin says.

"Can I have a word with you in private?" Kate asks Hotch.

"Sure." He says, the two going into her office.

"They, um... liaised when she was at Scotland Yard." Emily tells JJ.

"Of course." JJ says.

~ ~ ~

"Hey, so, uh, what's your partner's problem?" Spencer asks Cooper.

"Uh, well... well, by the fourth murder the FBI was brought in. Good. We can use all the help we can get." Cooper says. "But, uh, all of a sudden she's taking meetings with the mayor and calling in you all without us knowing anything about it."