002.

Chapter Two ~ It's Baba to you

Maaliq stands in front of M'Baku trying to get his attention as they watch Ochanya pack her things to go to Wakanda. M'Baku was very serious about Ochanya and Maaliq coming to Wakanda with him.

He wanted his wife and son to be with him even though he was very angry with how Ochanya left him and kept their son a secret from him. He had missed so many years of Maaliq's life and he'll be damned if he missed any more of it. Plus he wanted to train Maaliq so that one day he could become the leader of the Jabari Tribe.

"M'Baku," Maaliq says softly.

Maaliq tugged at M'Baku's fur to get his attention but M'Baku doesn't budge.

"M'Baku," Maaliq said.

M'Baku doesn't answer him.

"M'Baku," Maaliq says again.

"It's Baba," M'Baku says with a grunt.

M'Baku blinks at him.

"What?" Maaliq asked.

"It's Baba to you, Maaliq," M'Baku replied.

Maaliq nods in understanding. M'Baku wanted him to call him, Baba.

"Okay, Baba," Maaliq said.

Ochanya rolled her eyes.

"You could have just told him, you wanted him to call you father," Ochanya said.

"Isn't that what I just did?" M'Baku asked her.

"You ignored him then said 'It's Baba to you.'" Ochanya answered.

Maaliq looked between his parents and sighed.

"How many languages do you speak, Baba?" Maaliq asked, moving on to a new topic so his parents don't fight.

"I'm fluent in my native Igbo, as well as Xhosa and English," M'Baku answered. "How about you?" He asked Maaliq.

"I speak eight languages including Wakandan, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, and Xhosa, mom wanted me to know all the languages of Wakanda," Maaliq answered.

"And what are the three languages that you know?" M'Baku asked impressed that his son knows so many languages at his age.

"English, of course, and Spanish and French," Maaliq answered.

"My son is very smart," M'Baku said as he patted Maaliq on the head.

Maaliq smiled.

"Our son and he gets that from me," Ochanya said with a smile.

M'Baku stared at her.

"He gets it from the both of us," M'Baku said.

Ochanya gives him a look and then walks over to him with her bag.

"Carry this," Ochanya said, before grabbing Maaliq's hand so that they can walk out of the bedroom. "Come on, I have to leave instructions for the housekeeper," Ochanya told Maaliq.

"Are you not selling the place?" M'Baku asked.

"Why, would I do that?" Ochanya replied.

"Because you will not return here ever again," M'Baku stated.

Ochanya glared at him. She had planned to split her time between Wakanda and New York, she could never see herself living in Wakanda full-time. Now, M'Baku was telling her that she would never return to New York. She wanted to hit him over the head so badly.

"I will return, M'Baku," Ochanya told him.

"No," M'Baku said, sternly.

"M'Baku, this is my home now, you will accept that," Ochanya said.

"You are my wife, your home is Wakanda, by my side in the Jabari Land," M'Baku said, not understanding why Ochanya was being so difficult.

M'Baku glared down at Ochanya, but Ochanya glared back at him instead of backing down like she used to do. His word was law but now she was defying him and his words.

"No," Ochanya said.