chapter 1

Chapter 1

“That was your cousin Greyham,” My mom looked down hiding her tears “He’s dead,” My mom dragged me into a big bear hug resting her check on my head stroking my hair crying her eyes out. I just stood there; hands by my side emotionless. My mom pulled away from me and I looked up at her, eyes swollen and red wiping away her tears quickly. She pulled out a kitchen stool and sat down leaning both elbows on the table with her head resting in her palms. I sat next to her and rubbed her back rhythmically trying to comfort her. She looked up at me and smiled. Then grabbed her bag before leaving for the door.

“I love you honey,” She sniffed “Bye,”

“Bye mom,” I said waving.

My dad walked into the room with his brief case and nodded at me. I nodded back. The relationship between me and my dad was a little more complicated than the one I had with my mom. He grabbed the car keys from the table before leaving for work.

I sat on the sofa and at the same time I had pressed the button turning on the TV I heard the back garden gate open. I quietly ran upstairs leaving the TV on and entered my parents room. I looked down at my disgustingly cute sister and picked her up gently from her crib. Everything’s been so different since she came along. I walked into the guest room and locked the door. I looked at the wardrobe and opened it. I pushed open the camouflaged door. I crept in to the room and sat down on the chair in front of the computer and watched the CCTV. I saw the man walk around the living room making sure he didn’t touch anything. He walked right past my mom’s jewellery, so it definitely wasn’t money he was after. He was after us. Let e tell you a bit about us.

I’m Adele Johnson and my family have something that everybody wants, McKenzie, my 3 year old sister. She was born on January 1st 2009. I don’t really see her as anything special.  They say she is ‘different’ she is not ours, she doesn’t belong to us. My parents (Catherine and Jake) both told me to call them if anything happened or if we were in this kind of situation; but I never do. When they get home McKenzie will probably tell mom and dad like she always does and they’ll threaten me like they always do but they never keep their word.

McKenzie’s eyes flickered open and I looked down at her, I was hoping she’d sleep through all of this. I put her down onto the ground and gave her the sandwich I had picked up before coming down stairs and stood her up on the ground.

“Now, McKenzie, I need you to keep quiet and go hide. Now,” I said eye level with her. She walked silently across the room and climbed into the air vent located on the bottom part of the wall. She closed the flaps using the switch on the inside wall. She was trained to do these things before she was even potty trained. I turned my head back to the CCTV camera but there was no sign of the intruder. I used a knob on the keyboard to change the angle at which the cameras were facing. No luck.

£££££

This isn't the whole chapter i just wanna know what you think