Chapter 4

My alarm clock boomed Jealous by Chromeo. I quickly turned it off and sat up in bed. It's still kind of dark because I set my alarm clock to 5am. I like to take my time getting ready. I yawned and stretched and stood up. I moved to my bathroom and took a shower and did everything I have to do and went to my walk in closet with a towel wrapped around me. I picked out a white OM&M tank top and turquoise skinny jeans and white vans. I threw it all on and blow dried my hair and straightened it. I put on some foundation and black eyeliner and mascara with a clear lip gloss. I checked the time and saw it's 6:45am. I'll have to start walking now. I take my phone off its charger and grab my school bag and go to my brothers room. He's still asleep. I kiss him on his cheek and move to the kitchen and take a breakfast bar and munch on it while making my way outside. I plug my earphones in and go into All Time Low's album and press shuffle. Backseat Serenade comes on and I smile and munch further on my bar. Finally the school comes into view and I take my earphones out and walk in. As usual I get stares. Some people greet me and I smile and greet back. I wouldn't say that I'm popular, but people keep trying to be friends with me. Mostly it's only because they want to use me to get to my brother. I go to my favorite place in the schoolyard. A big oak tree with a bench underneath it. I sit down on the bench and take my book out to read then suddenly my eyes are being covered. "Umm, who's this?" I ask confused. I hear a chuckle and I smile, immediately knowing who it is. "Morning Dani" I say and I can see again and Daniel sits down next to me. "Morning Lisa" he says with a warm smile. I return his smile and ask,"So, how do you feel?" And his eyes flash something like hurt but I'm not sure. "I feel like I always do. Spontaneous" he says and flashes a grin. I eye him for a while and he stands up and says,"Come on, we have to get to our classes. Don't want to be late" and he walks off and I grab my bag and follow him. People greet me and I smile at them and some want to make small talk but it looks like Daniel is in a hurry. I smile apologetically at them and catch up with him. We went through our day like that. Daniel being kind of weird and me trying to figure him out. School was over and he hugged me and got into his car and went home. I walked home listening to Bring Me the Horizon. When I got home I see an unfamiliar car in our driveway. I furrow my eyebrows and went inside. I hear voices and then I hear my brother saying,"..that must be her now" and I see him walk out of the living room. "Andy? Who's here?" I ask confused. He smiled and places a hand behind my back and pushes me lightly into the living room. There, right on one of our couches, was Oliver Sykes smiling at me.