Chapter 3

I quietly inspect his expression. He looks quite serious. I noticed that his black hair is tussled and his green eyes have a troubled look. "Yes? What is it Dani?" I ask him. He takes a deep breath in and says,"Well, I'm sick. I don't know what is wrong with me. We were at the hospital yesterday and the doctor fears I have cancer. We don't know for sure yet though" and he looks up at me waiting for my reaction. I stare at him wide eyed and then I start to tear up. "No, no not you. Please just not you" I say and my lip trembles and he quickly wraps me with his arms. I quietly sob in his arms. When I'm finally done I sit up and wipe my eyes. "Don't worry. I'm going to the hospital on Saturday then they're going to run some tests and make sure. Maybe I'm fine" he says with a reassuring smile. I'm not convinced but I nod anyway. He stands up and grabs his skateboard and says,"Come on, let's go to the skatepark" and I stand up and go to his mirror and fix my make up. Again. I take my skateboard and follow him out. I can see he's trying to make me feel better. We leave and while we're skating to the park I say to him,"You know, I'm always here for you. Thanks for telling me" and he smiles in return. We finally get there and skate for a while. I check the time and its 8:45pm. "Shoot. I'll have to go now. Bye everyone!" I yell and skate my way home. When I got there, there were a few cars out front. I went in and heard music from the basement. That's where Andy's studio is. I go there and see him and his band busy rehearsing. They finish their song and I say,"Hey guys. Hi Bro. I'm home. What is that song called?" And they all mumble a greeting at the same time and Andy replies,"Hey sis. It's called Perfect Weapon" and he grins at me like he's proud of it. I smile back at him and say,"Well, I'll leave you to it then" and I walk out and once I do I hear their music again. I go up into my room and take a shower. I check the time and see its 9:30pm. Might as well go to bed. It's Monday tomorrow and I have school. Eh..