New years and Newcomings

Start bij het begin

"Eren what's with you.. there's nothing different about me, I'm still the same and I feel the same." She said. "And no I'm not wearing makeup and I haven't changed my skincare routine, quite frankly I don't think I'm glowing." She said as Eren narrowed his eyes continuing to examine her. "Hm.. I'll figure it out." He said as she rolled her eyes and brought her hands up to move his from her face. "Just don't lose sleep trying to do so." She said as he chuckled. "Don't know if I can do that."

"You should try." She said turning away from him. "Let's go sit in the family room while we wait for everyone, the fireplace is lit so we should warm up before we have to go back outside." She said as he nodded.

"Here Eren." Mikasa said walking up to him with a mug of hot chocolate in her hands holding one out for him. "Thank you! Did you add marshmallows?" Eren asked with a smile as Mikasa moved to sit closely next to him. "Yes Eren, two handfuls like you requested."

"Great!" He said taking a sip. "All of those marshmallows aren't good for you, you know." Mikasa said. Eren hummed in satisfaction at the warm drink before looking at Mikasa. "I know, but it's good, you should try it." He said.

"I have a few in mine." She said taking a sip of hers before setting it on the table in front of them. "Man where is everyone, Armin should've been here by now." Eren said looking at his phone.

Mikasa leaned closer to Eren laying her head on his shoulder. She tried to hide the yawn that escaped her but Eren was quick to notice her in his peripheral. "You're sleepy already? What's with you Mikasa?" Eren asked.

"I don't know Eren, but just because I yawned doesn't mean I'm sleepy."

"If that's true why'd you try to hide it just now?" He asked cocking a brow at her. Mikasa's face warmed from embarrassment of being caught. She huffed. "It's no big deal Eren, the weather is constantly changing, we were nearly on our deathbed's days ago, and I've been helping you nonstop to make sure this party goes as planned, My body just might be a little exhausted so please.. let's just drop this." She said as he continued to look at her quizzically.

"I'll drop it for now, but like I said earlier, I'll figure out what's really wrong." There wasn't a hint of playfulness behind his words this time, Mikasa knew he was really worried but she needed to reassure him it wasn't anything serious. "Okay." She said softly before looking away from him. "How far is Armin?" She asked trying to change the subject.

"I'm about to call him." Eren said putting his phone to his ear. When the phone started to ring, knocks were heard at the front door. "That must be him." Eren said as he started to stand up. He turned to Mikasa and held his hand out for her to take. She grabbed and let Eren pull her up. They walked like that towards the door together.

Eren opened it and there was Armin standing with Annie. "Hey guys, sorry I'm a bit late. Traffic was heavy on the way here, alot of people are trying to get downtown." He said.

"No worries." Eren said. "Glad you made it here safely."

"Yeah, everyone else is on their way, I made sure I gave them all the right directions." Armin said as him and Annie walked in taking their jackets off hanging them by the door. "How are you Mikasa?" Armin asked looking at her.

"I'm fine, I'm glad you made it." She smiled.

"So this is your lake house." Annie said looking around. "It's nice." She said look at Eren.

"Thanks, it's held up fine over the years." Eren grinned.

"Yeah but it's changed alot too, it's looks a lot more modern now." Armin said. "Yeah Mom and Dad renovated it last year." Eren said.