𝐴𝐶𝑇 0♡꒷꒦︶Explanations/lore

001; LOCATION THIS IS TAKING PLACE IN... Tokyo

THIS IS... Rather self explanatory, but the cupids were sent to Tokyo to carry out their duties.

002; THE DIVINE HIERARCHY.

THE DIVINE HIERARCHY  is what holds up the heavens and maintains order, depending on strength and what kind of celestial being you are. At the very top stands Ardalion, ruling over the heavenly realm with a iron fist; One could compare him to a god, in a way. Mortals stand at the very bottom of it all, as the only saintly trait they possess being their souls.

003; PURE BLOOD ANGELS.

PURE BLOOD ANGELS are a kind of angel born from purity itself, something no normal soul could hope to achieve. They embody virtue and grace, often being praised and adored throughout the heavens and stand as some of the higher ups... But, despite 'being born sinless', does it truly mean they forever remain unsullied and void of all sin?

004; CUPIDS.

CUPIDS ARE A TEAM OF ANGELS TASKED with forming relationships amongst the mortal realm, assisting mortals to find their destined lover without them ever knowing of their existences. Every once in a decade, a new generation is formed and are trained immensely to be fit for their new occupation. (amount of cupids; 12)

005; HIGHERUP ANGELS.

HIGHER UPS MAINTAIN THE PEACE AND LAWS within the celestial realm, being able to command angels lower then them in the heavenly hierarchy. As you most likely guessed, Ardalion is their commander, and the one who has tasked them with their new mission; Terminate all the cupids.

006; PUNISHMENT FOR FORBIDDEN LOVE.

FOR DECADES UPON DECADES, romance betwin immortals and mortals has been strictly forbidden. The penalty for such a unforgivable sin? Termination; having one's soul be destroyed and turned into ash. The heavens have always enforced the rules and showed no mercy to those that go against them, after all.