"How is Billy doing," she asked softly, dipping her voice low like the man was there and listening. Steve only shrugged, still smarting a little from earlier that week. Billy's sudden retreat from what was otherwise a pleasant afternoon had been shocking to both he and Eddie, who only blinked hazy owl eyes at him and shook his head. Chased after Steve as he went after Billy to try and convince him to stay, that it had all been a stupid lapse of judgement. Nothing had to change or be... nothing had to be different. Even if that afternoon could have been even more pleasant if he'd allow Steve to answer. Even if  Steve still remembered how warm it was in Eddie's bedroom, both other men's legs warm as they wove with his, their voices pitched low and curious. Even if he could still remember the sweet, syrupy, lazy smile on their lips that Steve decided he was okay with wanting to lick off.

Because Eddie had extended and offer that Steve didn't even know was an option. An offer to share each other. To share himself. It didn't take a genius to understand what he meant, and even if Steve was more socially inept than the average Joe, he could figure it out. Even just remembering it made Steve's heart skip a beat and fall over itself. Made him wonder and dream about what could have happened if Billy had stayed. How Steve would have nodded, and with a head full of cotton say, "yeah. I'd touch both of you. If you wanted." Because he would. If Steve didn't have to choose one or the other, he absolutely would choose both. Because he never had enough when he was a kid. Never enough smiles or hugs or kisses or love. And here two beautiful men were offering it freely, not asking Steve to choose.

He had been imagining it all week. How both men would look so heady and so focused on him. Steve loved having the focus on him, never really grew out of that. Secretly he hoped that he never would. Then he'd lean up and finally finally catch Eddie's infuritatingly expressive lips with his own. Maybe even dip his tongue into those horrible dimples. He'd kiss Eddie first simply because he was closer. He'd crawl over and throw a leg over Eddie's lap and settle himself on his knees. He wouldn't sit, wouldn't want to give either of them too much satisfaction right away. That, at least, was one common thread between men and women. He also really liked kneeling over men. Liked the power of it. Liked the way hands always found their ways into his back pockets and below his waist band. Eddie's hands would wander, Steve just knew it. The man was never still, never at rest. They'd crashed at each other's places enough that Steve knew he kicked and tossed and rolled even in his sleep.

And then he'd move to Billy, crawling down to meet him at the foot of the bed. He'd have to be more careful with Billy. Even at his most flirtatious, the other man was still a cornered animal. Still so suspicious and uncertain. Still looking over his shoulder for his father and up into the sky for the next shoe that he was so sure would be dropping. Steve wouldn't straddle Billy, wouldn't want to pin him like that. Not right away. Maybe later he could settle himself on those thick, muscular thighs. Once Billy knew that this wasn't a trap or a joke or a lie. Or would Billy even wait for Steve? Would he be brave like he sometimes was and crowd in to press himself along Steve's back. Or into Eddie's side? Would he attack throats and shoulders and collar bones? Billy was a dark horse in the equation, unpredictable and thrilling.

How far would they have gone? Would they have sated themselves with lips and hands, over clothing but roaming and clutching? Or would they have thrown off shirts and pants and...

"I know it hasn't been long that you've been working with him," Joyce cut in, scattering the haze of Steve's day dreaming, and with it, his nerves. The serving spoon in his hand clattered to the granite counter top with a loud, jarring around that made them both jump.

"Oh! Sorry sweetie!" She grimaced, hands up by her shoulders as though surrendering. "I didn't mean to spook you. I'm just..." she wrong her hands, bit her lip, and searched for the words. Steve only waited patiently, carefully pulling the serran wrap off of a bowl of chicken salad.