VII. ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ

Začít od začátku

And Sung-hyo knew that she and Ji-ji would start to have a reputation over these other survivors. They were staying with two monsters; not many survivors would trust them at first glance.

Sung-hyo didn't care much. Those pricks would have to deal with her and her machete if they did or said anything.

But with the weeks going by, one after another, Sung-hyo wondered if those survivors knew not to mess with the monsters, like she knew. 

She knew some were just people who lost something.

She knew some would attack her, but only if she attacked first.

And she knew that some humans out there were worse than the monsters she was around.

Sung-hyo sat on the ledge of the building where she and Hyun-su had taken flight for the first time. In her hands were an old, yet well-kept sketchbook and a pencil.

Sung-hyo was sketching the view before her. She'd been doing so for a while now. With every day she felt like drawing for a little while, she'd go to the building she currently sat upon and sketch another building.

Around 9 buildings were already drawn in, all connected to form the right side of the city. Sung-hyo was on her 10th building; a smaller one that stood directly in front of her.

Drawing was peaceful to her, she felt. She didn't drum much anymore, as that could lead a monster straight to her. She wanted to continue drumming one day, though. Maybe if the world changes again... in a good way.

As she grew bored with her drawing skills, Sung-hyo shut the sketchbook and placed it back into her rucksack, heading for the stairs she'd used to get up the building in the first place.

It had been around 10 months since the monsterization apocalypse first began. Sung-hyo sometimes couldn't believe how quickly she and her family had gotten used to the new world they lived in. But then she'd remember her life before... and she'd realise that even if that old life did come back one day, no one would be the same as they were back then.

Sung-hyo left the building in about 10 minutes. She stopped once she emerged to the city's streets, her eyes staring at something nearby her; a red ribbon wrapped around a bush nearby and tied in place so it never blew away.

Sung-hyo had put it there. For both herself... and someone else.

Taking one last glance at the ribbon, Sung-hyo began making her way back to the ship.

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

Ji-ji raised his bat in time to shield himself from the gang member coming down at him with a knife. 

To the young man's left, Yi-kyung slammed a bottle into another member's head, knocking him down before another pushed her into the door and threw her to the side. She went crashing through some crates, slightly subdued while she tried to regain her strength as quickly as she possibly could.

The man who'd thrown Yi-kyung now had his face pressed against the glass of the door. The door to the room housed Ah-yi, the little girl shaking with fear at the man grinning evilly at her.

She wanted her big sis...

As the man reached for the handle, Ji-ji grabbed him and pulled him away from the girl's view. He threw the man back, positioning himself between the door and the man, with his bat still in hand.

But Ji-ji had momentarily forgotten there'd been four of the men. He was shobved into the railing next to him, the bat slipping from his grasp. Before he even seemed to regain himelf completely, one of the two quickly and suddenly attacked him while the second went for Ah-yi, still hiding in her room. But when the door opened, the girl reacted and ran out of the room and down the stairs next to the boat.