Chapter 15: Caring for You

Start from the beginning

Back to the present Jisoo is still looking in distress so to ease het mind I reassure her that I am not in pain for more than a minute and that she came just in time.

"Mam. I mean Jisoo. I am fine okay? Don't worry. This pain is nothing compared from what I experienced before."

Looking at me she asked, "What do you mean?"
Oops. Slip of the tongue. "Nothing. The bottom line is I am fine. Pain is expected so don't freak out."

"I know what to expect Jennie. The doctor discussed it already but as much as possible I want you to be comfortable while you are recovering."

There might be a conflict about the topic I want to bring up. "I want to request something but please listen to me first before you react. "

Looking at me skeptically Jisoo just nodded allowing me to tell her my motion.

"If you don't mind. I want to remove the Patient Controlled Analgesia." Incredulousness, worry and Anger are the few emotions that I can see from her face.

She starts to rebut but I raise my hand to cut her off.

"Listen to my reason first before you shoot down my request. This is a very personal issue for me." Jisoo sighs and says, "Okay I'm all ears."

You might as well take a seat because this quite a long story it might bore you out.
Following my request, she dragged one of the chairs to the side of my bed and position it facing me.

I take a deep breath and starts narrating a part of my life that I really wish that didn't happen.

I look at the window so that I cannot see her reaction from my story.
"I grew up in an orphanage, but not like the other children there I am not an orphan. My parents are both alive. I was taken away from them when I was 4 because they are both substance abusers. All the substance you can think they already used it. One of our neighbors reported them because she accidentally saw my parents snorting cocaine in front of me in our living room. The police arrested them and searched our whole house. They discovered that my parents are dealing and using drugs. I am one of the worst case of child neglect that they have seen for the past 10 years. I was
malnourished, with ongoing lung infection and they suspected that I have
fetal alcohol syndrome and they also think my mother is using drugs while
she was pregnant because they saw that I have tremors which is one of the side effect. I don't look like a four-year-old. I look like a two-year-old child."

I felt jisoo grabbing and squeezing my hand to convey comfort. The gesture encourages me to continue my story.

"Apparently My parents are involved in all kinds of shits like robbery, theft and possession of illegal firearms and what lands them a lifetime imprisonment is they hit and run an innocent child while under the influence. They hit that child two times and my mother went out of the car to confirm if the victim is dead then went back inside the car as if nothing happened and drove off to God knows where. Unfortunately to my parents there is a witness who saw what happened and testified to the court to incarcerate them."

I did not notice that I was crying. Jisoo sits on my bed facing me and She is wiping my tears from my face.

"I am sorry for crying." I sniff furiously so my snot will not come out. I am an ugly crier with snot and all.

"No need to say sorry love." Jisoo hands me some tissue. Apparently, she notices my sniffing. I unlady-like blow my nose and throw the tissue on my bedside bin.

"Do you want to continue?" She asked "Yes. You know it is weird that I am opening up to my boss/ fake fiancé isn't?"

"No, it is not. If this is a way to lighten your burden I will gladly listen to you every day."