A Sweet Goodbye (Final Chapter!)

(HAILEY POV)

I woke up the next morning still in Jake's arms. At first, I was kind of shocked, but then the memories of last night came flooding back to me, and I blushed, embarrassed at what I had said the previous night. 'Why did I SAY THOSE THINGS?! WHY DID I DO THAT?!' I screamed in my head. Jake stirred, and then opened his eyes. "Goodmorning!" He said, cheerfully. "How did you sleep last night?" He asked. I didn't reply, I just jumped out of bed, trying not to let him see how hard I was blushing. "Uhm... I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, Hailey." I turned around, "It's alright, I didn't feel-" I stopped. He was in his tanktop and- "A- anyway..!" I said, clearing my throat, turning away, blushing again. "I- I'm going to.. see where everyone else is.." I started walking out the door. "Uhh.. Hailey?" I heard Jake, trying to get my attention. "Yeah..?" "You're still wearing my jacket." He stated. I felt my face get hot, as I looked down, seeing his giant jacket on me. I took it off and walked over to him, looking away. I gave him the jacket, then walked out the door.

----------

     After we had eaten breakfast, Hailey and I sat down on the couch together, to watch the movie we hadn't finished the night before. Zander still didn't want to watch with us. "Zander, you could just tell us if you were scared to watch the movie." Hailey suggested. Zander looked embarrassed. "I'm not scared of a damn movie! I- I just don't want to watch it! That's all!" He said in defense. "Chicken." I heard her whisper underneath her breath. I chuckled, "That's not how you were like last night, Princess?" I teased. She blushed, recalling the night before. "Neither were you, what you clung onto me?" She said in defense. "You did WHAT TO HER LAST NIGHT?!" I heard Zander shriek, angry. I jumped up from the couch. "Z- Zander! It was noth-!" He began running towards me, you could almost see the steam pouring out of his ears. I started running. "Zander!" I heard Hailey shout from the living room. We ran around the house, Zander spewing threats from his mouth as he chased me, Naruto around the whole house. I ran over to Hailey, her palm on her face. I hid behind her. "Hailey, move out of the way, I just want to talk to him!" He reassured her. "Or break his ribs." She mumbled. Zander was fuming. "ALEX! THAT'S ENOUGH! STOP TERRORIZING JAKE!" I heard a voice call out from the end of the hallway. "Mom! Don't call me that!" He left, but turned towards me, walking backwards putting his fingers to his eyes and then pointing to me. Then he turned away, leaving to talk with his mom. I shivered, he's frickin' scary. "You alright? Did he crack any of your ribs?" Hailey asked, joking. I mock-laughed. "I'm fine, Princess." 

     It was already one in the afternoon, and it was still so dark outside because of the black clouds still covering the sky. The rain pounded on the roof, and the windows. 'It's still raining?' I noticed, a little surprised. The movie was over and Hailey and I were just hanging out together. "Hey Hailey, truth or dare?" I asked. "Uhm... truth?" She replied. "Hmm.." I put my finger to my chin, thinking. "What's something no one knows about you?" I asked. She looked up, thinking. "I don't really know if there is anything." "Oh come on! Everyone has a secret!" She thought about it more, then looked down, chuckling, embarrassed. "What is it?" I asked. "Do. NOT. Tell. Milly. About. This. Okay?" She pointed a finger in my face, playfully. I put my hand to my heart. "I promise!" I said, sharing the same tone. "Well.. erm... I'm ticklish behind my ears."  She blurted, blushing, embarrassed. "Really?! There?!" I said laughing. "Shut up!" She laughed. I reached behind her ears, she started laughing, tears filling up her eyes. "Ja- HAHAHAA! Stop!" I continued tickling her. She almost fell over. "HAHAHAHA! St- stop! I can- t b- bre- athe!" I didn't stop. I loved hearing her laugh. "HAHAHA! You're go- going t- to k- ill me, Ja-a-ake! HAHAHA!" She grabbed my hand, and pulled it away from her ear. I laughed, happily. "I love your beautiful laugh." I said. Wait- I sai- I said that?! OUT LOUD?! She stared at me, her smile fading. 'OH NO. WHY DID I SAY THAT?! STUPID! IDIOT!' The Butterflies were backThe familiar pink flush came over her face. "Thanks." She said, quietly looking away. "You're very welcome, Hailey." I said, letting the butterflies run wild. She looked back at me, staring deeply into my eyes. Something happened when she looked at me. We inched closer.. and closer... we were so close to eachother.. A car honked three times outside. Me and Hailey flinched. It sounded really familiar.. like my mom's.. "Jake! Your mum's here!" I heard Shannon shout from the back of the house. 

"Oh.. well... I guess I have to go.."

"Yeah..."

"Thank you, Hailey."

"No, thank you, Jake. It seems like when I'm stressed, or.. scared or anxious, you've always been there for me, I'm so grateful that you're here. You're one of the best things that ever happened to me."

"Hailey... I- I feel the same way about you, thank you."

We stood there for a second, now realizing how important we really were to each other. "Jake.. I-" *HHHOONNKKKK!!!* "Jake! Come on! Let's go! It's pouring, and Milo's waiting for us!" I heard my mom's muffled shout coming from outside. "Well, bye Hailey." "Bye, Jake.." I was walking outside, well, more like running.

(HAILEY POV)

"Hailey..." Jake said, softly, and warmly. 'Dammit! I hate it when he says my name in that way...! Who am I kidding... I love it when he uses that tone.' "I- I feel the same way about you, thank you."  In that moment, I realized how important he really means to me. 'I... I love this boy. I don't care if he doesn't feel the same! Tell him!' My heartbeat started to speed up. 'Do. It.' "Jake... I-" I was cut of my another car honk. "Jake! Come on! It's pouring, and Milo is waiting for us!" Jake's mom shouted, opening the car window. "Well, bye Hailey." He said. "Bye Jake.." He threw on his coat, and ran out the door. I had the urge to run after him. 'Go. Go! GO! GO NOW! HE'S LEAVING!' I screamed at myself in my head. I ran after him, not caring about the rain, ice cold, falling on my skin. "Jake! Wait!" I shouted. He stopped, looking back at me. "Hailey?" I caught up to him, grabbing his hand. "Hailey? Why are you.." He asked, confused. "Jake.. I don't know how to say this... but I.. uhm.." I stopped. "Jake.. I... I really care about you, yes, you're my bestfriend, it's normal to care about your bestfriend, but.. this- this feels... different!" "Hailey?" "You were there for me when times were tough, you helped me get over my stage fright, you encouraged me to keep going. It was you! It was all you! I know you like Daisy, but ever since the competition, I can't stop thinking about you. A- and I know you like Daisy.. I don't expect you to feel the same way, but..." I stopped, my voice breaking. "Jake... I.. I love you." He looked shocked, then something clicked. He stared at me, his bright chocolate eyes, shining, despite the clouds covering the sun. "Hailey.. I- I feel the same way." "Wait you-" He kissed me. HE KISSED ME?! I backed away, shocked. "Oh.. oh no, I'm sorry! I didn't mean-" I cut him off, kissing him back. I put my hands on his face. His lips were so soft. It felt like heaven. Suddenly, the cold didn't matter, nothing mattered it felt as if it were just me and him, nothing else, no one else. He put his hands around my waist, his grip was soft, and gentle. It lasted around 20-30 seconds, our lips only parting for short breaths. 

(JAKE POV)

Jake.. I... I love you." Hailey said. I stared at her, Her dark, beautiful shining eyes looking into mine. Her amazing soft hair, falling perfectly down her face, despite being drenched. Her face. Her adorable, beautiful face. And... her lips. They looked so soft... 'I really want to- will she let me? Do it. Kiss her.' "Hailey... I- I feel the same way." "Wait, you-?!"  I cut her off, kissing her for only a millisecond, before she backed away. 'Oh no, oh no! Why did I do that?! SHE BACKED AWAY!' "Oh... oh no, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean-" she grabbed my face and kissed me. I- I'm kissing Hailey Austin?! Her lips were so soft.. softer than butter. As soon as our lips touched, everything felt so far away, like I was alone with... Hailey. I moved my hands to her waist, holding her. I slid my hands up to the back of her head. When our lips parted, we stared at eachother. I smiled, then tickled the back of her ears. She started laughing uncontrollably. I laughed with her. Then I stopped. She sighed. "I love you, Hailey." She looked like she were about to cry. "I love you, Sterling." Our hands were still on each other's faces. we put our foreheads together. "I have to go, sweetheart." she blushed. "I know..." She said, sounding disappointed, but still smiling warmly. "Tell me about it after you see Milo, okay?" "Will do, my Princess.." 

(HAILEY POV)

He kissed me, one more time, before leaving, this one was short, but sweet.. it felt nice. Then he left, winking back at me as he opened the door. I was still standing in the doorway. "Well then, see you tomorrow, my Princess, don't miss me too much~" He winked before stepping into the car, and driving off. I knew I'd see him again the next day, or perhaps, our next sleepover.