Princess (Chapter 3)

(HAILEY POV)

I yanked my hand away from his face and stood up flustered. "I- uhh.." I couldn't really speak. Jake got up, looking past me, the color slowly drained from his face. I heard footsteps behind me. When I turned around, I realized my family was standing in the doorway. 'How long have they been standing there?!' I thought. 'Did they see that?' My question was answered by the angered look on Zander's face. My mom was staring at us with a huge grin, and Bethany looked a shade of green as she stuck her tongue out in disgust. I looked away, not wanting them to see my red face and jump to conclusions. Jake looked panicky, as he was staring at Zander, who was glaring at Jake, but his expression soon faded into a sympathetic look, while he remembered what the peach-haired boy had just shared what he had been through. "Are you alright Jake?" I heard my mom question behind me. "I'm fine!" He replied. "Are you sure?" I asked, turning to him, "You were pretty upset a second ago." I heard Zander sigh behind me, "He said he was fine, Hailey." He said. "Yeah! I'm fine now, thanks Princess." Zander crossed his arms, annoyed. 'there's that name again.. 'Princess'' I told Zander that it annoyed me in the car, but I'm not sure that was true. 'Princess..' I thought, blushing again. Sure, I was annoyed at first but now.. it's different... it was the way he said it. It was sweet. I kind of like when he calls me- STOP, NO. HE WAS LITERALLY MOCKING ME WHEN HE CAME UP WITH THAT NAME! I looked over at my mom, who was staring at me with a knowing look on her face. Bethany looked about ready to vomit. "Ugh! First Zander, and now YOU HAILEY?!" She practically shouted. "WHY IS EVERYONE SIMPING IN THIS HOUSEHOLD?!" I glared at her, hoping that she wouldn't say anything more. But she saw an opportunity to annoy me, and started shouting more. "YOU LIKE JAKEE! YOU LIKE JAAAKKEE!" She pointed at me shrieking like a witch. I felt my face heat up. Zander wheeled around angrily. "BETH! SHUT UP!" I shouted back at her, but she only yelled louder. "YOU LOVE JAKE! YA KNOW YOU DO!" I quickly glanced at Jake. He was staring at me, his face pink. I quickly looked away. "YOU LOVE HIMM!" Bethany kept shouting, running around the house. "BETHANY! STOP!!"Zander shouted, furiously chasing her around the house trying to stop her from shrieking any longer. My mom slapped her palm to her face, and walked over to Zander and Beth after he had finally clamped his hand over Beth's mouth. It was just me and Jake in the room. Awkward silence filling the air.

--------

(JAKE POV)

"Are you alright Jake?" I heard Shannon ask. "I'm fine!" I replied smiling. Hailey turned to me, "Are you sure? You were pretty upset a second ago." Hailey asked. "He said he was fine Hailey." Zander sighed. "Yeah!" I agreed with Zander not wanting him to break my ribs. "I'm fine now thanks Princess." She stared at me for a second before looking down, blushing. 'Uhh.. maybe I shouldn't have called her that?' I asked in my thoughts. "Ugh, first Zander and now YOU HAILEY?!" Bethany shouted. "WHY IS EVERYONE SIMPING IN THIS HOUSEHOLD?!" Hailey stared over her shoulder at her. Beth's eyes widened as she started screaming "YOU LIKE JAKEEE!" Hailey spun around to face Bethany, blushing furiously. I felt my face grow warm. Bethany kept taunting her as Zander shouted at the shrieking girl "YOU LOVE HIMM! YA KNOW YOU DO!!!" she screamed while Zander was running after her. My face felt hot. 'I probably look like a tomato.' I thought. Hailey glanced at me. I didn't realize I was staring at her, and looked away. Shannon followed Zander and Beth into a room on the other side of the house. It was just Hailey and I now. 'What if she really did like me? Or.. loved me..?' I felt my heart spike. 'NO NO! YOU LIKE DAISY!... RIGHT?!'

(HAILEY POV)

'Like Jake? Pfft! That's ridiculous! I don't like him!' "YOU LOVE HIMM! Bethany's words sank into my head. "YA KNOW YOU DO~!!" My heart was speeding up. 'love him? No! That's a stupid idea! And even if I did, he likes Daisy.. Daisy with her blue eyes, Daisy with her silky white hair, Daisy, her voice so sweet..' I sighed, my heart slowing down, the warmth drained from my face. 'Wait.. am I JEALOUS?!' "Are you okay?" I heard a voice behind me, it sounded concerned. I turned around. Jake was staring at me. "Oh, yes, I'm fine.. Just tired." I replied. "I'm sorry, I probably should head ho.." He stopped. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Well.." he sighed, "There's no one home right now." he looked a little upset. "Hey... it's alright. You don't have to go just yet." After it came out of my mouth, I immediately regretted saying it. He looked at me, blushing slightly. I blushed as well. Then his expression changed to a smirk. "Awww, does my Princess want me to stay with her?" He said moving closer, "Well I would be delighted." He twirled a strand of my hair with his finger.