"Thank you." Emily tells her.

"I'm gonna take the skinny kid and Derek to the dump sites, so I got my cell, radio. If anyone doesn't give you anything, just call me." Tina says.

"Great." Emily says and Tina leaves.

"She did say she wasn't good at names." Rossi says.

"Remembered Derek." Emily notes.

"Wonder how she'll describe us." Rossi says.

"Oh, I am sure I don't want to know." Emily says. "It's always sad seeing someone's life reduced to the things they had with them when they died. It's just so clear they didn't know how short their time would be."

"Odd." Rossi comments.

"Odd?" Emily asks.

"His wife reported that he'd been down here almost a week on business, yet he never wore any of the suits he packed." Rossi points out.

"Hmm, and there are appointments going back 6 months in his PDA, but nothing is listed for the week he was here." Emily says.

"Hayes was wearing running clothes when he was killed. So, uh... who takes their wedding ring off to jog?" Bedelia asks, holding up the small bag that has the wedding ring in it.

+++

"What have we got?" Hotch asks as they walk up to Tina.

"Male in the same age range, and we found Luvet's police badge about a half a block from here." Tina informs.

"So, the unsub either ditched it or dropped it when he was getting away." Derek says. "Any sign of Luvet's gun?"

"No. He may be holding on to that." Tina says.

"Why would he kill out in the open like this?" Spencer asks.

"He's losing control emotionally. He could be devolving." Hothc says.

"Moving the body out in plain sight? It's off pattern." Emily says.

"He was interrupted." Tina informs.

"Who interrupted him?" Rossi asks.

"Bring him over." Tina calls to a cop. "Busboy in the bar." She turns to the guy who walks up. "Mi hijito, these are the FBI people that I told you about, so just tell them everything you saw."

"I came out here on my break to have a smoke, and that guy was on the ground, and his friend said--"

"His friend?" Rossi asks.

"Yeah. His friend said that they had just been mugged." The busboy says.

"You spoke to this guy?" Emily asks.

"No, ma'am. I tried. But he did say that he was a cop, so he took off, and he chased after those guys." The busboy says.

"Could you give a description of this cop to a sketch artist?" Derek asks.

"No. I can't. I mean, he was a white guy, but it was pretty dark out here, and he basically kept running away from me the whole time."

"I'm gonna have to get all your information." JJ says and he nods, the two walking away.

"So, this guy is impersonating Luvet?" Tina asks.

"Could just be a ruse he used to get away." Derek says.

"But if he is impersonating his victims, why?" Emily asks.

"Transference." Spencer says.

"Whatever he sees in his victims, he wants for himself. He hates who he is. He's targeting tourists because he sees them as living a kind of lie, too." Hotch says.