Chapter 13 - I Just Want Us To Be Normal

Start from the beginning

Tucking her hair behind her ears from both sides, Bethany sits on her knees and bends down to take a good look at the cut.

"What cut you exactly?"

"The sharp edge of the zip on your pocket of your shorts," I say as I notice the metal tip edging out.

Ouch.

Maybe I should take a tetanus injection.

Or maybe you're going paranoid, that's more like it.

I do nothing as my sister apologizes to me profusely and after she pauses, I smile a little and say, "Done apologizing? Honestly, Bethany it's fine."

She cringes after hearing my words but the reason behind it is unknown to me. Getting up suddenly, she says, "Let's clean that up, shall we?"

"I'll do it, it's-"

"No," she presses and I frown to myself. What is going on with her? Did she fall on her head or something? "I'm helping you and that's final. Let's go down to the kitchen. Can you walk?"

I nod uncertainly, my eyes refusing to leave Bethany's face. She has such a serious look on her face as she helps me up. I'm distracted for a moment as a throbbing pain passes through my ankle as I start to walk and I realize that I have twisted it.

I give out a cry. "My ankle!"

Stumbling forward a little, I search around quickly for something on which I can hold on to, but Bethany grabs my shoulders and steadies me, slowly helping me towards the bed.

"You..." she says, pointing a finger at me, "are staying here. I'll go bring the first aid kit and a bandage to tie your ankle in."

And with that, she leaves me alone in the room, making me wonder what is wrong with her.

---

"We're done," Bethany beams, looking down at my neatly done ankle and knee and then at me, searching my face as though waiting for my appreciation.

But I can't do this anymore.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask her bluntly and she looks taken aback.

"Doing what?"

"All this. Taking care of me when I hurt myself; acting all nice..."

"You're my sister," she interjects but I shake my head, tears springing in my eyes. The look on my face alarms her and she gets up slowly.

"N-No. You want something, don't you?" I hiccup, getting up and moving away from her. My sprained ankle is not a barrier for me when it comes to shying away from Bethany, and she moves forward instinctively to catch hold of me as I wince in pain, but I slap her hand away as soon as she touches me.

"I don't want anything from you," she says slowly, looking at me intently. "I just want us to be normal."

The noise of the rain is the only thing that is heard after the silence that falls between us.

"Nothing will ever be normal between us," I say, my voice holding no remorse. The rain falls louder than ever.

"But I want it to be," she pleads, taking a step towards me, but I flinch away. "Please."

Her eyes grow full with tears too and she closes her eyes, letting them flow down her rosy cheeks. Even when she's a mess, she still looks beautiful than ever and I have never felt so angry and yet so sad at the same time.

"Bethany, you... I-I just... I can't, I mean, I just don't... God!" I splutter, feeling so self-conscious while standing next to her that I have a breakdown right there.

Both of us are crying for different reasons, yet none of us seem to be able to comfort each other.

"I'm sorry I behaved in such a way with you," she whispers but I turn my head away.

I just want to tell her that it's okay: the words are at the tip of my tongue, but I just don't have the courage to say them out loud. The tears don't seem to stop as I glance sideways at her.

How is she so comfortable showing off her legs in such short shorts? Doesn't she feel self-conscious like I do?

But again, her thighs don't brush against each other; she has a nice perfect thigh gap.

She's so perfect; it's like, I don't even deserve to exist in the presence of such perfection.

"I-I'm sorry too," I whisper back but I'm cut of by Cam's voice.

"What's going on here?"

"Cam..." I say faintly and am instantly wrapped in a warm hug, preventing me from falling not only because of my sprained ankle, but also my weak knees which feel like they are about to give away.

"What happened, Ellie?" Cam asks me gently as I sob in his arms, making his t-shirt wet in the process. I move away from him and see him looking at Beth with a frown. "What did you do now?"

"I d-" Bethany starts with a livid look on her face but I cut her off.

"Please let us talk about this tomorrow, shall we?"

Cam looks down at me because he's taller; shaking his head reproachfully, he guides me towards the bed and my sister leaves the room, her sobs echoing in my ears even after she's long gone.

****

I know the chapter isn't according to the teaser I gave in the last chapter, but I'll probably do it in the next chapter. Sorry :) I just changed what I had in mind earlier.

I just came home after watching Jurassic World 3D with my cousin, sitting in the front row (we couldn't get the back tickets XD). It's sooo awesome!

How was the first Colton-free chapter?

Why do you think Bethany dearie came into Ella's room and was behaving so nicely with her? Hm... suspicious? Or no?

What about Cam? Isn't he a darlin' saviour?

I wish I could date Cam, but alas! He's fictional! *cries* Screw me >_>

I'm a big ball of love today, because I met my cousin after sooo many days :D

Goals: 28-29 votes and then I'll updateee!

-Crazy