What is happening...

Start from the beginning

"You must really love life, don't ya, Max?" a chilling voice on the other end greeted me, instantly recognizable.

"You motherfucker, you killed my friends," I responded, seething with anger.

"Yeah, and they died pretty pathetically," the voice taunted.

The rage within me intensified. "What do you think this is, a game? You're taking innocent lives!" I shouted, my voice filled with a mix of fury and desperation.

"Innocent? Don't make me laugh, Max. You're all brats, horrible people! You deserve to die. Matter of fact, you don't deserve any family," the voice sneered, sending a chill down my spine.

My eyes widened in shock and horror as I dropped the phone, realizing the gravity of the threat I was facing. Without wasting another moment, I sprinted upstairs, calling out to the girls urgently.

"Girls! Girls!" I burst into Duke's room, finding them playing innocently. "Come on, come on!" I gestured for them to come towards me, a sense of urgency gripping my every move. But before we could escape, Pani's eyes widened in terror, and she let out a piercing scream.

I turned to see Ghostface, the embodiment of our worst nightmares, lunging towards me with a knife. Instinctively, I retaliated, delivering a powerful punch to their face, momentarily stunning them. I swiftly moved into Duke's room, slamming the door shut, their hand getting caught in the closing door.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. "Nan, shit!" I exclaimed, remembering that my grandmother was still outside, unaware of the danger that had invaded our home.

"What!? Nan!" Duke yelled, panic evident in their voice. I shook my head, trying to remain calm despite the fear coursing through me. I grabbed both of their arms and swiftly guided them into the closet.

"I need you both to be super quiet," I whispered urgently. The girls nodded, their eyes wide with fear, as they huddled together in the confined space. I closed the closet door gently, creating a small barrier of protection for them.

With a determined focus, I picked up one of Duke's trophies, using it as a makeshift weapon. Gripping it tightly, I cautiously opened the door to Duke's room, peering out into the hallway. To my relief, Ghostface was no longer there. However, I knew time was of the essence, and I couldn't afford to let my guard down.

Moving stealthily, I crept out of the room, my senses on high alert. I carefully navigated the corners of the house, inching my way toward the stairs. But before I could reach safety, Ghostface launched themselves at me, catching me off guard. We tumbled down the flight of stairs, pain shooting through my body as we landed.

Groaning, I realized that Ghostface had stabbed me in the side. I let out a cry of pain before summoning every ounce of strength I had left. Swinging the trophy with all my might, I struck Ghostface's face, momentarily disorienting them. Seizing the opportunity, I quickly scrambled to my feet and rushed back up the stairs.

My heart pounding, I made my way to the kitchen with Ghostface in pursuit. Desperate to buy some time, I started throwing things from the countertops onto the floor, creating obstacles to slow them down. With each object crashing to the ground, I hoped it would provide a small window of opportunity.

But as I reached the back of the house, my eyes widened in horror. There, lying on the ground, was my grandmother. "Nan!" I cried out, dropping to her side. Tears streamed down my face as I shook my head in disbelief. The sight of her injured and vulnerable pierced my heart.

"Oh, Nan," I sobbed, overwhelmed with a mix of grief, fear, and determination. I knew that I had to protect my family and find a way to defeat this relentless threat.