Their killing more what...

MADDIE POV

MADDIE POV

"They killed the mayor's daughter? You can do that?" I asked the girls, setting their milkshakes down on the table. Amber let out a sigh.

"It's evident that they're specifically targeting us," Amber stated, causing us all to look at her with confusion.

"What do you mean?" Max inquired, flipping her hair out of her face.

"I've mentioned it before, but the Stab movies always revolve around a friend group. Granted, we may not be the closest of friends, but we've always hung out together. And let's be honest, none of us really liked Alexandra because she was bitchy, and as for Liza... maybe she was just a warning," Amber explained, trying to make sense of the situation for all of us.

Shit... I never anticipated that our lives would be at stake because some twisted individuals harbored such intense hatred towards us. Sure, none of us were saints, especially not Alexandra. But did that justify someone wanting to murder us in such a brutal manner? Lexi was my best friend, and now she's gone, taken from us in a horrifying way.

"Amber, you mentioned that you have a friend who knows the Stab movies inside out," River spoke up, her voice laced with desperation, as she cradled Jade in her lap. I hadn't mentioned it earlier, but Jade and Pani were also present, adding to the weight of the situation. We could only hope that this deranged individual wasn't cruel enough to target them too.

"Yeah?" Amber confirmed, her tone tinged with uncertainty and a glimmer of hope.

"Can we get her to tell us about these stupid movies?" River asked, her desperation evident in her voice.

"I mean, yeah, she'd love to play the role of her uncle Randy and give us a rundown of these movies," Amber replied, her tone a mix of sarcasm and seriousness.

Letting out an exasperated groan, I balanced the tray of milkshakes under my armpit. "So, is it a yes or a no?"

Amber rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed, before reaching for her phone to start typing. "I'll check," she responded, her fingers rapidly tapping on the screen.

"Okay i have to get back to work.. I'll talk to you all later." I told them and they all nodded before i went back to the back of the diner I worked at. This is going to be the longest days of my life.

After sometime I volunteered to close up the shop, I know stupid but this was way before the murders even started. So now i was placing my apron and placing dishes away, when i heard a noise in the front of the diner. I didn't think much of it, it could've been the wind. So i continued to place the dishes up but then another noise. "Guys?" I called placing down the plate I had in my hand and dried my hands off with a towel.

I walked out of the kitchen and realized that the diner was empty. With a slight sense of unease, I moved away from the counter toward the door, intending to close it. As I turned around, I was startled to find Ghostface standing there, and a scream escaped my lips before I quickly ducked down to evade their reach. Reacting swiftly, I ran towards one of the tables and hurled a chair over it, aiming to disrupt their advance. Ghostface tried to deflect the chair, but I didn't give up. Seizing the moment, I grabbed the tip jar and smashed it onto their head, causing them to stumble and fall to the floor.

Taking advantage of the distraction, I sprinted behind the counter, hoping to conceal myself from their sight. Crouching down on the floor, I pressed my hand against my mouth to stifle my breathing, desperately trying to remain undetected.

Frustration welled up within me as I realized I had neglected to grab my phone from the kitchen. However, luck was on my side as the alarm button happened to be close by. Slowly and silently, I pressed the button, setting off the alarm. Footsteps grew nearer, and I turned my gaze to the left, spotting a fire extinguisher within reach.

Ghostface suddenly emerged from out of nowhere, catching me off guard. Reacting instinctively, I swiftly swung the fire extinguisher, delivering a resounding slap to their face. The impact caused their knife to slip from their grasp, clattering to the floor, while Ghostface themselves stumbled and collapsed. Seizing the opportunity, I quickly climbed over the counter and sprinted out of the diner, only to be greeted by the sight of police officers who had arrived on the scene. Relieved, I turned around, expecting to see Ghostface apprehended, but to my dismay, they had vanished without a trace. I let out a sigh of frustration mixed with relief.

---

I sat outside the diner, wrapped in a blanket and sitting on the ground, while the police conducted their investigation inside. From a distance, I spotted River running towards me, her breaths heavy and rapid. Without hesitation, she enveloped me in a tight hug, which initially caught me off guard. However, I soon found myself returning the embrace, seeking comfort and reassurance.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened and rushed here as soon as I could," River explained as we pulled away from each other, her concern evident in her voice.

"I'm fine, really. Just a little shaken up," I assured her, my voice still tinged with the remnants of fear.

River nodded understandingly, gently brushing my hair back from my face. I acknowledged her gesture with a nod, grateful for her presence, before the approaching police officers caught our attention.

"Are you okay, Ms. Jonson?" Deputy Christy, a woman among the officers, inquired, her voice filled with genuine concern.

"Yeah, uh... Did you catch him?" I asked anxiously, dropping the blanket from my body and stepping closer to Deputy Christy. The desperation in my voice was unmistakable, as I hoped for a positive response. However, her sigh and the subsequent shake of her head shattered my already fragile hope. Disappointment and frustration surged within me, and I couldn't help but groan in exasperation. It was disheartening to think that I had come so close to losing my life, only for the culprit to slip through the fingers of those entrusted with protecting us.

"Seriously, these guys can't do their job," I muttered under my breath, my frustration seeping through my words. The sheer audacity of allowing a dangerous individual to escape after an attempted attack on my life was maddening. I felt a mix of anger and fear, knowing that Ghostface was still out there, free to harm others.

Hopefully they catch this guy soon.