sixteen. the ocean

Start from the beginning

“ we should get out before she starts throwing stuff ” cordelia whispered not so quietly “ i heard that!” lilith said, as cordelia pulled the two teens away

“ oh you made them your hangover smothie, how sweet of you” cordelia smiled once she noticed what was in jeremiah's hands.

“ i am not drinking that thing again” lilith said from her room as viviana huffed and peaked her head through the door “just go back to bed already”

lilith cursed viviana, while jeremiah stood laughing at the duo of cousins. cordelia nodded towards the smoothie, “i will take that in her room, hopefully safely . . . and you two can just go to your room but no funny business”

viviama groaned as jeremiah chuckled awkwardly “please just stop” viviana pleaded as jeremiah pulled her away by her hand.

his hand was so soft on hers that she almost didn't feel it, and she wouldn't have if it wasn't for the heat coming off of him that almost burned her.

jeremiah pulled her in the room as he then closed the door behind them, then he finally looked down at the girl in front of him. “ how are you feeling?” jeremiah wondered as viviana shrugged

“ i am never drinking again” viviana mumbled as jeremiah nodded “here” he gave her the smoothie as she was immediately hit with the smell as it was really close to her nose

“that's so sweet of you, but maybe i should just stick to the painkillers” viviana tried to get out of having to drink the smoothie as jeremiah laughed at her

“ it tastes good, don't worry ” he smiled down at her, but something was different, almost as if he wanted to talk to her about something, and he was itching to do so.

“oh please, i would never drink that or let it touch my lips, like ever” viviana laughed softly, trying a sip from it as jeremiah smirked “ but you already did”

and viviana almost chocked when she was taking the sip, but she brushed it off and took a big sip of it hoping he didn't mean what she thought , even though she was hating the smell of it, it didn't taste as bad. the banana somehow being the only thing she could taste except, there was the taste of a strawberry along with it too.

seeing the small smile on her face as she pulled the glass away he smiled at her “ i added some strawberries to it, i know how much you love it” jeremiah informed the girl who nodded, her smile never leaving her face “yea i can taste it”

“about last night —” jeremiah started but was cut off by viviana whose smile fell just as the words fell from his lips “ yea i am really sorry about that” she sounded so embarrassed

jeremiah was about to say something when the door was pulled open without a knock, and standing in the doorway was belly.

and just then, viviana truly realized what happened last night, what is  happening right now.

“oh i didn't know you were still here” belly said awkwardly, as the two never truly talked about what happened on the fourth yet, she then turned to jeremiah with a smile

“ i will come back later” belly said as she closed the door and walked out, and in that moment, viviana moved to make space between her and jeremiah.

jeremiah, her fake boyfriend who liked another girl, the one she foolishly kissed last night and was staring to like his presence way too much for her liking.

it was almost everything conrad warned her from, that she, like any other girl in cousins or boston — any girl who ever saw him — would fall under his charm.