2: First Impression

Magsimula sa umpisa

"All right, gentlemen. Tell her about your profession and passion!"

Heeseung looks around, unsure whether he should begin. "Well, I worked in the business industry, following in Mr. Sim's footsteps." He offers a small smile.

Min-ji's eyes lit up when he heard the word "business." "Business as well?" That is amazing." For the time being, Heeseung has checked everything on her list. From handsome, tall, polite, well-dressed, older than her, pretty smile, and working as a businessman? Bingo!

Minji nods in understanding, putting him at the top of the list. In some ways, he appears to be about to kneel on the floor to ensure that Minji does not choose him. There must be a reason for that terrified look on his face.

"Jay?"

"Um, well, I am a chef." He beams.

Chef? Again, bingo.

He is attractive, tall, and polite, and he can definitely cook. I am confident I can count on him.

"Ah, a chef?" That is lovely." Minji speaks, eliciting a small thank you from his mouth. He is definitely a husband material based on how he speaks and listens to others.

Great, it's getting easier I see.

"Well, in my case..."

Minji directs her attention to the icy-cold male sitting farthest away, expecting an answer.

"I am an ice skater," Sunghoon says as he sips the juice that the maid has just poured for him.

"Sunghoon is competing in National soon!" Mr. Sim proudly exclaims with a big smile.

Min-ji stares in impressment, the brothers indeed have a great career path. And having great athletic ability, Sunghoon checked one of her boxes. Though he is great, judging by how he is acting in front of her, he might be the last choice for her.

I do not need another person with an attitude.

"I heard that you like older men?" Sunghoon speaks again, this time staring Minji in the eyes.

Her brow furrowed in surprise, "S-sorry?"

"Great! Looks like I'm not your type. I am obviously younger than you, but I have two brothers from whom you can choose." Sunghoon fakes a chuckle while pointing to his two brothers who are staring at him strangely.

Mr. Sim appears surprised by his youngest son's sarcastic remark, and the atmosphere quickly becomes awkward. Minji is not sure how to react to Sunghoon's open rejection or the pressure on her shoulder as she looks around at the other brothers.

Did he just... embarrass me?

I, too, have my dignity.

Minji also fakes a laugh before looking him in the eyes. "Thank you, but I do not intend to choose you as well."

The icy male smirk turns into a frown as he rolls his eyes. He turns away, crossing his arms and not saying anything. Right, having someone with an attitude would cause hell.

Now...

Back to my top two.

Heeseung and Jay.

"Well, I am just making it clear to you..."

Jay abruptly breaks the heavy tension in the dining room, drawing everyone's attention to him.

Jay says with a small smile on his lips, "I have a girlfriend." He speaks confidently, almost as if he is been waiting to say that for a long time.

Mr. Sim was once again taken aback by his second son. "Jay, you have a girlfriend? "How come you did not tell me?"