"Hey kid."

"Hallo. Ich bin ein Mann."

She looked at me confused, wondering why I was speaking German.

Then Ali, who was standing next to Alex, made a comment on my German.

"You speak German?"

"Ja."

"Cool!"

"Ich weiß, dass ich sehr schlau bin." (I know, I'm very smart." I smirked, making Ali laugh.

"What are you two talking about?" Alex, who was playing with my hair and not letting go of me, asked, confused on what we were saying.

We ignored her and carried on our conversation as if she wasn't there, speaking in the other language just to annoy her.

---

"Hey Tobito!" I energetically entered our room.

She was sitting on her bed on her phone, looking like a potato.

"Hey Zari." She smiled, much calmer than her teammates.

I quickly opened a window, allowing the cool breeze to hit my face.

"Why is it so hot in here?" I questioned, wiping a small sweat bead from my forehead.

"It's not. You're just wearing long sleeves. Take them off, I won't judge." Tobin commented, not looking up from her phone to see my reaction.

This made me realize she did notice. I knew my teammates were all suspicious, but I never thought they thought I was hiding something.

"You good?" She asked after noticing I was frozen in place.

"Uh.. yeah. Pleasant."

I flopped into my bed, allowing the short day's events to lure me into sleep.

---

"What do you think it is?" A quiet voice woke me from my sleep.

I was too tired though, so I stayed laying there, my eyes closed.

"I don't know. Is she harming herself?" Another low voice rang through the room.

This made me realize they were talking about me.

"She wouldn't do that to herself." A voice I now recognized as Chris's defended me, making me grateful for her. She's right, I would never do anything like that to myself.

"Chris is right. Maybe she just likes wearing long sleeves." Becky suggested.

"Do you think she's getting abused? I mean her parents have never come to a game before. It would make sense." One of them asked.

"She's probably hiding tattoos." Ash whispered, making some gasp and others laugh.

How many of them are watching me sleep?

"I mean.. she's never going to tell us. What if she needs help? Should we check?" One of them whispered. I'm sure glad I didn't hear who it was or I would hate them for life.

But of course my saving grace, Chris, was there to shut it down. "No, of course not! She'll tell us when she's ready. Clearly she's just not ready yet."

I pretended to wake up, slowly rolling to my back and slightly opening my eyes.

"You guys are so loud." I groaned.

That's when I finally saw who was in the room.

Chris, Tobin, Alex, Carli, Kelley, Ash, Becky, were standing there, pretending like they weren't watching me sleep.