Chapter 21

21.
I take my hands off him and turn back to the steering wheel, starting the car right away. The drive is slightly longer this time, and again it is in silence, though the atmosphere is completely different. He sits in the same position, with his hands in his lap, but his head up now, staring straight ahead out the window. As I pull up my drive and wait for the garage door to open fully, he speaks quietly, glancing at me only briefly, "I don't think I told you how pretty you look tonight."

"Thanks" I whisper, not even looking at him as I park the car and turn the engine off. We both get out and Luke stops at the internal door to wait for me. He hasn't been into the house this way before. Jess emerges from her basket and has a quick stretch before recognising him and starting to wag her tail excitedly. He reaches down and pats her, talking very quietly, and I join him and then tell her in a firmer voice, "No Jess, it's bedtime." Her tail stops wagging. "Bedtime" I say again as I open the door, and she retreats back off to her basket.

He follows me inside and I flick on the light and throw my keys onto the dining room table. I suddenly feel nervous that maybe this is all just going to be really awkward. I turn and find he has closed the gap between us, standing right behind me. Before I have time to think any more, he has wrapped his arms around my waist, and is leaning down slowly to kiss me. His lips are soft and full, and as I return the kiss more firmly I feel all anxiety leaving, and my whole body starting to ignite. There is no muting from restraint, uncertainty or any type of guilt, and I can just let my passion for him take over.

I move my hands to the front of his jacket and push it back off his shoulders. His hands leave me quickly and he straightens his arms behind him so I can slide it down. He pulls his forearms and hands free from the sleeves and throws it onto the table with the keys. His lips return to mine, his tongue sweeping into my mouth, as he peels my jacket back off me in the same way. I let it drop to the floor.

"Do you wanna go to the bedroom?" I breathe, and he nods quickly. "Have you got a condom?" I suddenly blurt out, pulling back from him a bit. How did we get to this when I don't even have any in the house?

"Yeah" he nods again. His voice is husky.

I take his hand and lead him down the hall, letting go when we reach the bedroom to flick the lamp on and then draw the curtains across the window. He is right close behind me again when I turn. I meet his intense gaze, as my hands come up to his chest and start unbuttoning his shirt from the top down. He bites his lip as I push my hands inside against his stomach to undo the last two buttons. I push it back over his shoulders again and he reaches behind him to grab the cuffs and pull it down off his arms. He throws it to the corner and then kicks his shoes off with it.

I bend down and slip out of my shoes at the same time. As I stand again, I put my hands up to his chest. The soft light from the lamp falls onto his broad shoulders and relatively hairless chest as I stroke my fingers over it. He stays still for a minute, and then moves his hands from his sides, up to my shoulders. He gently guides me around and turns me away from him. I'm not sure what he's doing for a moment, but then he gathers my hair to one side and slowly slides the back zip of my dress down. I turn back around to him and bring my arms in so the dress can slip down as he pushes it over my shoulders. It drops right to the floor and I step out and kick it aside.

His eyes drop down to my chest when I am left in a simple black bra and knickers. His hands come up and cup my breasts as I reach for the dome on his jeans. I pull it open and ease the zipper down. His jeans were already tight but the zip has come under extra strain from the bulge behind it. I slip my hands more towards the back of his pants so that my fingers skim his buttocks as I slide the jeans down. He helps me slide them down his thighs and then stands on one hem at a time to pull his foot out free, removing his socks at the same time.