30 | in the middle of being free citizens

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Y/n quickly dropped in a crouch behind a tree, her gun aimed up. She noticed Jean not too far from her, Armin on the ground next to him. Sasha was also behind a tree with her bow while Connie was at her feet with his gun.

"Didn't I tell you, Captain?" the man spoke from the ground. "You're wasting your time. One way or another, the Survey Corps will soon come to an end!"

Y/n could see hooded figures advancing towards them. She narrowed her eyes — there were only two people.

Once close enough, the two people took their hoods off, revealing Hange and Moblit. Y/n's body immediately relaxed.

Everyone was gathered around Levi as he held the newspaper Hange had given them. Y/n's chin rested on top of Connie's head as she read despite the poor light, her eyes wide in wonder.

"And there you have it," Hange said. "The coup d'était was successful. Premier Zachary has taken control of the capital and the administrative district. As of now, the nobility has made no attempt to rebel."

"What about the charges for murdering Reeves?" Armin asked.

"We got a confession that proved the charges unfounded," Hange explained. "His son, Flegel, really pulled through. They even wrote that our actions were justified in self-defense. In other words, we're free people again."

Everyone gasped and looked at each other — Y/n and Jean's eyes met before everyone broke into cheer; Y/n wrapped her arm around Jean's shoulders as she happily jumped up.

"We're free again!" Y/n called as she fully wrapped her arms around him, pulling him as close as possible and burying her head in the crook of his neck.

"Yeah," he breathed in her ear, squeezed her even tighter.

". . . and, of course, Eren and Historia, are all still somewhere else. If we can't find them soon . . ." Y/n pulled away at Levi's words. Right. This isn't over yet.

"I may have a lead on that." Hange brought up a book. Everyone turned to look at them. "Let's get there and put an end to this battle."

———

Y/n held tightly on her horse's reigns, riding next to the carriage Levi, Hange, Mikasa and Armin sat in. Connie, Jean and Sasha were nearby, too, listening in as Hange explained what they'd found and Levi explaining how strong Kenny was.

"Then there's no way we could beat him . . ." Sasha said.

"Maybe if we waited for the backup—"

"Absolutely not." Mikasa cut Connie off.

"I know it's out of the question!" Connie defended. "Eren might be eaten already if we wait 'till morning."

"But based on what the captain said, he must have at least one weak point," Armin reasoned.

"You serious, Armin?" Jean asked.

"Yeah. He may have the training, but he doesn't have our practical experience," Armin explained.

"His name is Kenny the Ripper," Y/n said. "I'm pretty sure he's got some experience."

"Not helping, Y/n," Sasha called out, but they all knew she was right.

"But, Levi, how do you know so little about Kenny the Ripper when you lived with him for so long?" Hange asked.