chapter one

Everything was going great. Jackie's résumé was exceeding with skills. Her chances into Princeton were high. Her mind was finally clear from all worry, or atleast all worry she received from the walter boys.

She hadn't really contacted any of them
during the summer after her disappearing, even though she got regular calls from alex.

The only one Jackie talked to was Danny. He had also been living his dream theatre experience here in New York with her. But as the summer quickly went by and everything was finally going back to normal. It all changed.

Jackie entered the room where her uncle sat, occupied in the his laptop.
"Jackie, i need to talk to you." Richard rose his gaze.
"Yeah, what is it?" she perked.

He shut his laptop and took a breath.
"..I've been offered a promotion," he announced.

"That's awesome!" she jumped up and down in excitement opening her hands to give him a big hug.

"Yes but it.. it means i will have to travel, a lot." he looked down, waiting to see her reaction.
"Oh.." she mumbled.

What was going to happen to her?

"It's okay, i won't take the job don't worry." he cut in before jackie would become upset.

She didn't want to hold him back. Besides, all his life Richard had worked hard, Jackie couldn't stop him from pursuing this opportunity.

"Actually..you should take it." she let out a soft but small smile.
"No, i said i'd be here. I'm now your guardian." he responded, wanting to keep his promise to Jackie. After everything she had been through, she deserved to be happy.

"I'm serious richard. Before you know it i'll be off to Princeton. I'll be alright! You have to take it!" she reassured him.

He stared into her eyes,
"Are you sure?"
"Yes i'm sure Richard, now call them back and say yes!" Jackie was persistant.

Deeply inside Jackie was hurt, she only just started to live with her uncle and now she'd have to go somewhere. It didn't cross her mind at that moment that the place she would go to, was to the Walters house again.

Her uncle reached over to the phone that was on his desk and dialled a number while whispering to her,
"If you need me at any moment, i'll be there."

~*~

Tomorrow was the last day of summer, which ment Jackie would be going to her new home.

It had been a couple of weeks since she found out she was moving to another family. She opened a box and continued to pack.

"it's okay," she sighed to herself while rummaging through draws, she picked out items that she needed most.
Her school books, clothes, health care ect.

She soon came across her sister lucy's favourite tea pot. This gave her the memory of when.. Cole fixed it for her.

Then it hit her like lightning,
the Walters .

"Richard!" she called out from the hall, holding a rack of clothes.
"Yes" he replied.
"Who exactly am i going to again?" she questioned hoping to not get the answer she dreaded.

"Oh, i figured you'd want to see the Walters again!" he stated from the kitchen.

Jackie didn't know what to say.

"Is that alright?" he then began to worry, not hearing a response.

"Um yeah.. anyway i need to continue packing! " she didn't want to make a fuss and returned back to her clattered room which was filled with boxes.