How would they know if he's nagging or not?

And in no time, we're at the Grayson's. How joyful.

The elders do their usual happy cheerful greetings and hugs. I also pretend to not be absolutely annoyed because of coming here and plaster a pretty smile on myself.

And then the devil presents himself in front of my beloved parents and me, of course.

God, send help.

Jacob would be someone you naturally would... despise... unless you're a female I guess. I don't understand the science though. What's so intimating in those dark brown eyes that everyone is obsessed with? Like what if he's that tall and has a bike? But that jawline, oh- I MEAN how can someone be attracted to him?! And not to mention he has a bad personality. And with bad, I mean BAD in all caps lock.

It seems like our parents have gathered gossip worth of 1 month for today. At the dinner table, they're basically laughing and gossiping about things and stories I've no idea about. But for very unknown reasons, dearest Jacob is also laughing along with them and gossiping with them.

Poor food.

I just continue with my dinner and try to finish it as quickly as possible to escape from here. And suddenly, my mom nudges my arm and points towards Mrs. Grayson. I look at her and smile I don't even know why.

"Stella, dear, do you need anything?" Mrs. Grayson smiles that crooked smile of hers and says that in her sweet voice. "No, no, I don't need anything. The dishes taste so good that I can't decide which one to take and which one not to," I smile after those sugar-coated compliments that she loves to hear. I can see Jacob rolling his eyes from the corner of my eye.

Such an asshole.

"Oh god, look at her. Such a good girl. Jacob, you should learn some manners from her," I grin mischievously at Jacob and he smirks at me. "Of course, mom, she's the nicest girl I've ever seen" Jacob says in that mocking tone but no one else around the table seems to have noticed. Unfortunately, I notice, and I choke. Bullshit.

After I'm done eating and complimenting Mr. and Mrs. Grayson time and again, I flee from there and go to their majestic roof-top. This terrace would be something I'd die for. Sitting here and reading my books... oh my god. Talk about your dreams coming true. I don't understand how Jacob can come here anytime he wants and he still doesn't read a thing.

And just then, might've been a few minutes since I came here, I sense someone join me here. I turn back.

Speak of the devil.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in an annoyed tone. "Shouldn't I be the one asking that? It's my house." I stop before I say anything back to him. Somehow, he spoke logic.

Fair enough.

"To get some fresh air," Jacob sighs as he sits down on one of the benches. I narrow my eyes at him. "And that fresh air happens to be called 'Stella Suzette'" Jacob adds to his already suspicious words. I cringe.

He smirks and I make a face, a disgusted face... ew. I look at him for a while as if he's a smelly trash can.

"Do you really think I'm flirting with you? How pathetic." He sneers at me. I look at him in disbelief.

Ouch. I have to reply to that insult.

- Bold of you to assume you can flirt.

- Oh really? Wanna go through a trial with me?

- You'll just make yourself look stupid. Although we already know you indeed are.

- I bet I'm better than your Saden- or Xaden Riorse or whatsoever.

- Bullshit. More like Jack Barlowe. Just fuck off already.

And we just continue our glaring competition, a few feet apart from each other, standing at two different points of the terrace. I look away later, glaring at him and wasting my time is the last thing on my to-do list.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I rumble, not really intrigued by the pin-drop silence and just the howling of the cold wind. He looks at me weirdly and I roll my eyes. "Your bike, obviously. It's not like you can afford a real girlfriend." I state in a matter-of-fact tone. And he looks away and smirks, and takes a step towards me. Why the fuck.

"Why do you care?" and he does that seducing tone, coming closer to me by the second. Oh god. I'm serious right now, send help. I step back. "I do not give a shit about you."

"Oh really? Then why are you stepping backwards, Stella?" Jacob smirks. Of course he smirks. And he's 2 steps ahead of me, staring into my soul with those dark brown eyes. I gulp down the bile rising in my throat at the sight of him. Everything he has ever done to me, every way he has ever hurt me replaying in my mind. "I swear to God, if you move one step closer-" I start out in rage but he does just that.

"Fuck. Off." I fume at him. "You sure 'bout that, Stell? Or should I just close the existing distance between us?" He whispers into my ear, his warm breath against my left cheek and the chilly wind rushing past my right cheek. I'm pretty sure my face is turning red now, and if I don't get out of here, I'll die from embarrassment.

Damm, he smells so good- argh what the fuck am I thinking about.

I'm out.

I gather all the sass and courage transferred to me from Rae over the course of our friendship, slap him hard on his right cheek and get out of his grip and walk fast for the way out. Enough of complaining about broken noses.

"Gosh, Stella, do you really like me that much?!" Jacob yells out mockingly, pretty sure that nasty smirk is still plastered on his face. I don't look back, but yell back, "In your dreams! And side note: you're a jerk!"

___

Please do vote and comment, it means a lot! Also, for character aesthetic reels and light scene spoilers, check out my Instagram @wrxlerain