A faint tapping on the window snapped my eyes to the left, blinking rapidly to comprehend what I was seeing. What the hell was she doing?

She waved a hand once our eyes met before gasping and looking down, holding onto something as if to keep from falling. I quickly shot up from my place, opening the window, "are you—"

"No," she held a hand up, cutting me off, and I looked down to see she was standing on a ladder, a piece of paper in her other hand and looked back up, "take this."

She handed a paper to me, but I just blinked at her, "just take it. I'll stay here until you solve it."

"Solve...what?" I looked down, studying the paper to see that it had a— what?, "is that a crossword?"

"Yeah," I heard the smile in her voice as my eyes roamed all over the paper. It wasn't a printed one like the ones in my books. It was handwritten. In her handwriting.

"Did you make this?" I looked back up then, frowning in confusion and watching a faint blush crossed her face as she looked anywhere but me.

"Yes," she finally said, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear before shaking her head, "anyway, go solve it. It's important."

"I— wait... what? Get down, Emmaline. You're going to get hurt."

"I just want a goodnight kiss," she shrugged with a smile before scoffing, "I'm kidding. Fix your expression before it sticks to your face forever. Now, go."

She waved a hand in my face and gripped the ladder again, waiting. I really wanted to be alone right now. I didn't want to have to talk or explain my feelings. How could I even explain it? I wanted to tell her to go, but then I stopped.

I promise I will be better. But I'm so new at this, Emmaline. You're going to have to help me out.

That was her helping me out. She was reaching out for me because I asked her to. I promised I'll try to make this work out, that we're not going to be together only when I'm in a good place or mood. That I'll be better for her. She was already a mess because of me. Because I decided to help strangers other than save myself. I was just digging the hole deeper by shutting her out.

"Okay, but come in. You're going to get hurt."

"No can do," she shook her head, pulling her mouth in a thin line before relaxing her expression, "I can't come in unless you solve that."

I looked down again and let out a breath, going to the nightstand to take a pen and sat on the edge of the bed, looking up at her to see her with a blank expression on her face, just watching.

Another word for desire. (I think?)

🅆 🄰 🄽 🅃

Opposite of "from"

🅃 🄾

A verb. It was a two box one.

🄱 🄴

Something Jett always calls you.

I rolled my eyes and tried "a loner" but it there wasn't enough space for the "a"