Chapter two

I woke up in Glenn´s arms. Last night had sucked. I cried all night long. Glenn had hugged me all night and, for a second, I thought it was Paul.

I probably was the first one to wake up. After a while I got tired of just lying there so I grabbed a clean jeans and shirt and headed to the showers. The water was icy cold, made me shiver when it touched my bare skin. I was in the shower for a long time until I got back to my senses and decided I had spent enough water. Right after I changed I got out of the creepy, silent room and headed back to the cell block. Rick was there, waiting for me.

“Morning Talia” said Rick. His tone as usual; cold.

“Erin.” I corrected. The hate was obviously mutual; I could see it in his eyes that he despised me. Strangely his face muscles relaxed; something that had not happened in the five days I have been in this filthy prison.

“Erin… You know it was not my fault right? What happened-“ Really? Not his fault?

“A gun cannot pull it´s trigger by itself Rick” I said trying to mimic his cold tone.

“I know but, he-“ I could  feel every muscle in my body tensing. Fuck Rick, I want him dead.

“Rick I don´t give a shit about your side of the story, okay? All I know is that you destroyed everything I had in a matter of seconds. The funniest part is that you hate me when all I did was cry over my dead brother.” My body was shaking; damn I was angry!

I left before he could say any more bullshit. I decided I would do something productive this day; that I wouldn’t just say in my cell feeling sorry for myself. Once outside I headed for the north tower where Daryl and Carol were keeping watch. I managed a shy “hey” and smiled.

“Rick wanted me to do something productive today so… um… I can leave if you want” I am usually all confident and don´t care what people say but… okay I don’t know what happened that all that confidence was gone.

“Yeah whatever” said Daryl. As for Carol, she just stared at me.

“Can I have a gun?” I missed my gun so badly.

Daryl doubted it for a second but he gave me one anyways. Once I had it on my hands I smiled. We kept on doing watch for three hours and it got as boring as hell. I sat there the whole time while Carol and Daryl talked. In those three hours I had time to think about Daryl. How old was he? Forty? Anyways, I really was attracted to his bad ass attitude. I have always liked bad boys. Carol left right before sunset.

“Why doesn´t Carol like me?” I asked irritated by all the looks she had given me.

"What do you mean?" his response annoyed me.

"Oh you know exactly what I mean. The looks she was giving me. Bitch." 

Daryl started talking bull so I quickly changed the subject by asking him about himself. It wasn´t until then that I realized how little I knew about him. He would tell jokes now and then and I would laugh like crazy even if they weren't that funny. It was the first time I felt happy since... it happened.

"What about you?" Daryl asked, "You haven´t said much about yourself I mean, I just know your age."

"I- there is really not much to say. I was born here in Georgia and, I have been here pretty much my whole life. My dad was a hunter so we lived in a small town called Woodburry near the woods. He taught me how to shoot when I was five and I ended up being a really good shot." I giggled a little. It had been a long time since I thought about my dad.

"Anyways my mom passed away when I was eight and... well Paul had to drop school and start helping my dad out. When all this shit happened my dad was one of the first-" I couldn´t talk anymore. There was a reason why I didn´t think of my dad.

"He was driving home one day when a walker... Daddy thought he had killed a person. He got out of and he was dead within minutes."

I looked at Daryl whom had not talked since I started talking. "My mom died when I was seven and my dad used to beat the crap out of me." Daryl said sadly.

Looking at the ground, I didn´t notice Daryl getting closer. When I looked back up our lips met; just for an instant. Daryl leaned in again and kissed me. All my insecurities were gone because I didn´t hesitate to kiss him back. He pressed me against the wall and started kissing my neck. I removed his shirt and him mine. I could feel his hands touching my hips and moving up to my stomach, stopping right before reaching my breasts.  The kissing got slower, less intense. 

"Stop." he demanded. What happened? I tried to kiss him again but he just pulled away, grabbed his shirt and, as he was walking away he said "stupid bitch".