Chapter Four: Hospital

TW: Nightmares, hospitalization, potentially upsetting content
——————

"Ronnie?" Tia was finally coming back to full consciousness. Her eyes finally opened, and she squinted at the bright light. Veronica, still having tears running down her face, looked up, shrieking with joy. Tia was awake, and remembered her! Veronica was worried that she would've lost her memory when she hit her head.

"Tia!" Veronica squealed, as she hugged Tia as tight as her arms would allow. She never wanted to let go. She couldn't let go. Tia let out a huff, before hugging Veronica back, smiling gently at her, her eyes droopy and tired. Veronica squeezed even tighter, like a boa constrictor.

"Oh Ronnie, I love you and I'm happy to see you too, but you gotta stop squeezing my ribs-" Tia chuckled, but Veronica didn't let go. The thought of losing Tia was too much to bear. The thought made her wanna cry, and she squeezed Tia more.

"I-I a-a-almost l-lost you.." Veronica wailed, her lips wobbling. She could barely even utter her words, her voice was all scratchy, and she was utterly drained. Tia immediately saw how upset Veronica was, and held onto her, allowing the smaller queen to sob into her shoulder.

"Hey, hey, don't cry. I'm here now, it's okay. I'm going to be fine. Just take some deep breaths, okay?" Tia soothed, she had a way of calming Veronica down just with her words. And Veronica appreciated that. It was like nothing had changed. Tia was okay, and now Veronica would be okay too.

——————

"Aurora. Open your goddamned eyes. Now."

"Aurora! Don't make me open them for you! Get up, now!"

"I said, get up!"

A voice. Aurora tried to figure out where she was. But her surroundings were completely black. But she recognized that voice. It was Tia's, but distorted with anger. Aurora turned her head in all directions, trying to find where the voice was coming from, but then she shouted, trying to maintain her composure.

"T-This isn't h-happening! This isn't real!" Aurora shouted, trying to wake up. The voice didn't say anything, and a figure emerged from the darkness.

It was Tia. Her tousled hair in pigtails, her face made up, and the dress, she remembered the dress from their very first date. She remembered how the first date went. Aurora's voice was caught in her throat, and she tried to talk, but the apparition of Tia silenced her.

"This is real. Don't apologize to me. I know you don't mean it." The cold voice spoke. Aurora couldn't help feeling that she deserved it, but she wasn't about to admit that. The apparition's finger lifted, resting on Aurora's lips, keeping her from talking. She trembled horribly with her nervousness.

"You didn't love me. And you don't deserve any love back." The apparition of Tia continued, way too matter-of-factly for Aurora's liking. She wanted to plead her innocence, and tell Tia that she did love her, but she couldn't get the words out, and it stayed as a lump in her throat.

"Do you really think you deserve my forgiveness? You caused my Hanahaki disease, and you think I should forgive you for that?" Tia tilted her head curiously, her voice trembling with anger, like she would snap at any second. Aurora began to cry out of fear.

"And there we go again. Those crocodile tears. You're not even crying, are you? You're just upset that everyone found out your little plan. You're terrible." Tia continued, her body eerily still. Almost stoic. Aurora was horrified, she wanted nothing more than to make it up to Tia, but she couldn't.

"N-Not true... Tia, please, f-forgive me, p-please, Tia!" Aurora begged, trying to prove that she did feel bad, but the apparition didn't budge. Instead giving a shake of their head, their stare as cold as ever. Aurora wanted to scream, get on her knees and beg.