damn it, ishan.

shubman looks over to the guy responsible once he's done. ishan waves him to come over, with a smug look on his face.

extending a water bottle to him, he says, “you don't look too well, anything happened?”

“you happened,” shubman grumbles as he drinks.

ishan smiles brightly. “you know, rachin's gonna kick your ass on field if you bat like that.”

“what are you trying? to rile me up with that?”

“is it working?”

“no.”

“aw, shucks.”

shubman huffs with a guarded expression. “you act like im jealous of him or something.”

“you are.” ishan replies with a playful smile as he fixes shubman's gloves.

“im not,” shubman argues. it's for no one to know if he is, okay?

“i have a lot of friends too,” shubman says. not very mature of him.

ishan smirks. “friends, you say. your dick gets up for them too?”

shubman stares at him, flabbergasted. he starts fumbling with his words. “wha- you- you are so vile.”

he walks away, fussing with a deep blush creeping onto his nape. this is not fair. ishan can't go on making shubman flustered every time.

he'll have to turn the tables around.

it was a close chase but india ended up winning it. the kiwis don't look much disheartened, confident about their flow.

“mate, that was stoked!” rachin compliments shubman once they're off field.

shubman high-fives him with a grin. rachin then turns to ishan.

“and ishu, you were a beaut out there. almost made me sad to have your wicket.” he says, hugging ishan.

“would rather have you take it than anyone else,” ishan says with a wink.

shubman is still stuck on the ‘ishu’.

“when'd you two get on nickname basis? what do you call him, rachu? chinu?” he asks later when rachin leaves.

“his name, shubman, his name.”

“hey, don't say my full name.”

“that's your name, shubman.”

shubman pouts. “okay, ishan. i'll never call you ishu again, ishan.”

“you just did.”

“that was one last time. you’ll be begging on your knees to hear me say ishu.”

“you just did. again.” ishan holds himself back from smiling. he can't help but find shubman's stupidity cute.

shubman whines and is about to embarass himself again before ishan inches closer to his ear.

“besides, i'd rather do something else on my knees than begging,” he whispers.

shubman freezes. this is a dangerous game they're playing.

he looks into ishan's eyes which seem composed as ever.

“you see that wall behind you? i'll pin you to it and make you a moaning mess right here if you don't shut the fuck up,” he says.

that surprises ishan. he chuckles nervously, saying, “hah, you got an exhibition kink?”

shubman isn't really in the mood for jokes. he smashed some good balls today and stayed focused throughout the match even though his eyes wanted to search for ishan after every run.

“i want my reward,’’ shubman says.

“for?”

“for letting you fall asleep on me yesterday, compromising with my hormones.”

ishan flusters a little at that. “well, that was…that was kinda crazy, wasn't it?”

shubman wants to laugh, recalling the scene. “who even does that? it should be illegal.”

ishan bites his lip, feeling a bit embarrassed. “wake me up with a kiss next time.”

“you're expecting a next time?” shubman asks with an amused smirk.

“you’re not?” ishan smirks back.

“i'd be lying if i said no.”

it's all still confusing for shubman. he has no idea what will come from fooling around with his best friend. is it risky? not if they both don't mind it, right?

it's not like they have feelings for each other or something. it's way less complicated than any of the relationships shubman has had with girls.

kissing a guy doesn't make him any less straight. besides it's not any guy, it's ishan. everything kind of seems to fade away when ishan is in the picture.

“oi, earth to, shubi?” ishan interrupts his thoughts.

“huh, yeah.”

he wants to stay with ishan but he doesn't want to hold anyone of them down with useless questions.

“touchdown in auckland, we should probably go pack,” ishan says checking his phone.

shubman has to make sure this doesn't go beyond anything physical.

“yeah, let's go.”

he wants to be selfish and not think about consequences. he'll never be this young again so he might as well make some bad decisions.

—x—

author's word:

rip to those who thought i'll let them have sexy alone time so easily lol.

anyways, i noticed that we reached 10k reads! that's awesome, thank you so much for reading! i didn't really expect anything, writing just for fun and self satisfaction.

btw ishan and shubi posted on insta and just look at their comments on each other’s posts haha. the ship is sailing so well. they’d have the most scandalous dating rumours if they were kpop idols lol.

now, about my question in the last chp. most of yall inclined towards softcore smut so that’s what i decided, i’d be comfortable with that too. but i think i’ll add few bonus chps after the story ends, for those who said hardcore. i think this will be fair to all :)