Embracing a New Role

Start from the beginning

That's when realization hit her and she was sitting on her chair mouth agape shock evident in her eyes.

SHE WAS 3 WEEKS LATE!!

Haya guessing that she realized it again screamed into her phone that made Umeed come out of her trance.

"UMEED UMEED UMEED you might be pregnant omg I'm going to be a khala omg omg wait let me go tell this to everyone"

"Wait!" she screamed stopping her.

"Kisi ko nhi batana abhi confirm nhi hua or sub sy pehle mein Farjaad ko bataun gi baaqi sub ko bhi hum khud he batain gy"

"Ok as you say, anyways Umeed I'm so so so happy for you"

Then she cut the call with a small smile on her face and left for home not forgetting to pick up the pregnancy test from the pharmacy on the way home.

***************
After changing and freshening up she pulled out the test strip from her bag and went to the washroom to take the test while she was waiting for the results her hands were shivering and she was thinking all the possible scenarios of what-if and what-if-not's were flashing on her mind.
The timer on her phone went off and with that her anxiety peaked. With shivering hands and breath heavy she picked up the test strip which was laid on the bathroom counter she closed her eyes and prayed that whatever happens will prove to be a source of contentment and peace in her life when she opened her eyes to check the results, her free hand went to her mouth and a soft gasp left her lips.
THE RESULT WAS POSITIVE.
Tears of happiness were flowing from her eyes as she was numb and tiny sobs were heard as Umeed realized that she is now to become a mother a beautiful relation from which she was deprived off from an early age.

(Farjaad would be over the moon when I'll tell him he will be the best father to our child. I know he'll take care of us. Now I will go to the hospital tomorrow and will tell him on his birthday it will be the best gift ever)
She thought and then she realized that it's almost time for Farjaad to come home. She quickly hid the pregnancy test in her closet and went to wash her face and calm her messy self down before her husband comes and smells something fishy.

*********************

The next day Umeed called Haya and told her the test results and asked her to go to the hospital with her to get an ultrasound for the confirmation and the basic check-up. As expected of Haya she was too excited all giddy and wanted to scream out loud that she's gonna be an aunt. But Umeed made her promise that she won't disclose this to anyone and she accepted it because she's her secret keeper since forever.

Reaching the hospital the doctor did a complete check-up on her and told her that she's a couple of weeks pregnant. She was ecstatic and grateful to Allah for giving her the biggest gift ever- motherhood.

********************
The days followed by the hospital visit were tiring. Umeed suffered from morning sickness which luckily she was able to conceal from her husband as his new project was in work and he left early in the morning before she woke up. She got tired even though she didn't did much work except planning of the upcoming event which has become for special for them. She was taking the supplements given to her by the doctor and prayed to the Almighty that the baby will be healthy everyday. Meanwhile, Haya as she is called her numerous times in a day to check upon her and inquire about her condition and she just rolls her eyes everytime Haha starts ranting which she knew won't stop until she gets tired by talking non-stop herself.

Finally the day arrived which Umeed has been waiting for anxiously for the last week. It was Farjaad's birthday and the revelation day. Farjaad being busy in the project went to the office early again and completely forgetting that it's his birthday and no one wished him either because Umeed asked them not to do so. But before he woke up Umeed gave him a kiss on his forehead at midnight and whispered 'Happy birthday dear husband' in his ear.
As soon as he left Umeed started the work and called up Haya and Sameer with Mimi assisting them to do the decorations and she was handling the other arrangements, commanding everyone and checking if everything is as perfect as she planned the whole week. The plan was going smoothly and now it was time for Farjaad to come back home.