𝟬𝟬𝟯 pampered poodle

Comincia dall'inizio

Juno sucked in a breath and nodded. She felt embarrassed to even be stressed about the task when she had been given a heads-up. Owning up to it was even harder. She met Sejanus's gaze and noticed a hint of confusion behind his stare.

She had already mentioned to him how Volumnia had forced her to work with Coriolanus, and he pitied the girl since his father had played the same card for him by assigning him a District Two tribute whom he had known when younger.

"I heard there's a lesson tomorrow with Dean Highbottom. About the assignment." He trailed off, closing his textbook.

Juno huffed, "I hope there is. How else are we supposed to carry on with this? Aren't they supposed to arrive today?" She sighed as she leaned back on her chair. "They only told us we needed to interview our tribute in five minutes and present them to Panem. Bullshit." She said as she rested her chin on her palm. Her eyes scanned the entire room, and she spotted Clemensia and Arachne Crane sitting by a few tables. She felt her heart get stapled.

"I'm not sure. I mean, since they had to involve us now, I guess things will change." He licked his lips anxiously as he fiddled with his pen. Anyone could tell right away the subject made him uneasy and tense.

Juno only nodded, though she had paid no attention to his words, her eyes fixated on Clemensia. It was hard to swallow the fact that Clemensia would never forgive her for not working with her on the assignment, after having done a lot of work together during their years at the Academy. Juno could only imagine how betrayed she felt, but it was a matter out of her own hands that she would never understand.

Now she had reversed the card, and Juno felt betrayed by her.

Well played, Clemmie. Her heart is punctured.

Arachne Crane? Out of everyone?

She should've gone to work with Coriolanus and stolen her partner instead.

Arachne was miserable. She was despicable and everything wrong with a human. Juno had never liked her. She always had something to say, and it was never good. If it were up to Juno, she'd put a collar on her and seal her obnoxious mouth before drowning her on posca.

Seeing her study with Clemensia had itched the wrong bone on Juno's body, and she couldn't keep her discomfort secret. Her face had given away what she felt at the moment.

Sejanus suppressed a smile from his face as he followed her gaze. "Now, you're not just thinking about the assignment. You're jealous," He pointed out, looking away from the daggers Juno stared.

"Jealous is a strong word, Sejanus," She replied, holding her temper. "I'd go with betrayed instead." She said nonchalantly. Ignoring the look on his face, she popped a buttered biscuit he had pulled from his bag into her mouth. She played it off, "You should bring your Ma's biscuits more often." She chirped and shrugged off his comment. "They're delicious!" She exclaimed and grabbed a handful.

From the corner of her eye, she could spot Sejanus looking over her shoulder and beaming brightly. She instantly looked over and caught Snow's figure approaching them.

Juno didn't know whether to smile or avoid his intense eye contact. She had caught a glimpse of his white locks leaving Satyria's meeting, where he didn't bother sitting with her. After their encounter the day prior, she wasn't sure how she stood before his eyes. She could tell he felt grateful for her companionship during the task, but she also knew where his pride stood. He felt he didn't need it to succeed. Though, he didn't comment on that, because Juno herself would just allow him more points to achieve the prize.