Chapter 3 - The Malotas Soldiers

"The Golden-Eyed Devil! I just saw the Golden-Eyed Devil. The one the Malotas soldiers have been trying to catch for the past few months. The one Dad warned me about!" Aditya thought to himself as he made his way out of Karvatan and back to the car which brought him there.

Aditya opened the door and got in as the driver asked him, "Ready to go back home, Young Master Malotas?" to which Aditya said, "Yes."

As the two of them drove off and out of the main city and back to the mansion, Aditya's mind raced with thoughts about what he had just witnessed in the city.

"Was that truly the Golden Eyed Devil or was I just imagining things? I must have been imagining things! There's no way the moment I step out into the city for the first time I run into a dangerous criminal who has been terrorising our people for the past few months! There's no way!" One part of Aditya said to himself, while another part of him argued differently.

"But, it must have been her! Who else could have the same golden eyes as her? Maybe, she stole from me! Maybe when she spilled her juice on me she took something! Wait..." Aditya thought to himself, suddenly getting suspicious and checking his back pocket to make sure he still had the gold which Viraj had given him before he left as well as having his "Malotas family" embroidered pouch.

Slowly, Aditya patted his back right pocket and when he felt nothing there, he panicked. He hurriedly looked behind himself trying to see if perhaps it was on the seat or in his other pocket. But, it wasn't. That little bag of gold given from his father, holding quite a bit of money, was gone.

"She took it. That girl, the Golden Devil took it! Now, what do I do? Should I tell the driver?Whatever his name is. Or, should I wait and tell dad personally? " Aditya asked himself as he sat there, thinking and worrying.

Finally, he made a decision. "I'll tell dad personally instead of the driver. That's what he would want me to do!" So, through the one hour or so ride back to the Malotas mansion, Aditya stared out the window and planned out what he was going to say to his father and soon enough, they arrived back at the mansion.

Aditya bolted into his home and hurriedly climbed the right hand side staircase, passing the maids, and up to the second floor. He scampered his way to his father's office, but, before he could enter, he heard voices from inside of Viraj's office. It sounded like Viraj was arguing with someone, perhaps a colleague Aditya guessed.

"How do you expect me to get a shemesh this quickly?!" Viraj shouted at the person with whom he was talking.

"It doesn't matter how you get it, I need it in Neskarta in a week," The person, who Viraj was yelling at, responded calmly.

"You think I'll be able to get it in a week?! I don't even know what it looks like, where it lives or anything! I'm so busy with this robber terrorising my people that I don't even have the time for this stuff!" Viraj yelled back at the man.

"Her!" Aditya thought to himself, when he heard his father mention the girl he had just seen in Karvatan.

"Your top priority is and should be the shemesh, nothing more nothing less. And I've already helped with some information about it. Remember, Viraj? The Arosten Gardens, my dear friend," the same person responded again.

"That stupid riddle doesn't help with anything! How is that going to help me find a living, wild creature?!" Viraj yelled again at the man, this time his voice rising a bit.

"I don't have the time for all of your complaining. I need the shemesh in Neskarta in a week or else... Well, you know the consequences, Viraj. Your son, what's his name again?" the person responded, clearly trying to make Viraj feel anxious.