10 - Dark Paradise

When Lucrezia got back into her dorm, she was not expecting her best friend, Pansy, to be there

When Lucrezia got back into her dorm, she was not expecting her best friend, Pansy, to be there. After all, she had been very occupied with Blaise lately — specifically at night.

"Hey." Pansy greeted, a huge grin on her face as she jumped off the bed she was sitting on, her feet taking her towards the red head. Lucrezia, on the other hand, was hurt. Very hurt. However, that didn't stop her from straining a smile.

Not everything was about her, right? 

Lu sighed, "Hi. I missed you." she said, with that fake, joyful expression she was wearing. In her mind, all she could hear was Dumbledore's words echoing around. Your mother was found. And yet, that wasn't the only thing he was meant to tell her. As she walked away, he didn't stop her, giving her the other news she deserved to know about. No. He stayed quiet and let her go on with her life.

Unaware.

"Don't." Pansy pulled her best friend in for a hug, inhaling the minty shampoo in her hair, "I'm so sorry. I should've been here with you."

That was what made Lucrezia's face drop. Of course Pansy knew too. Of course she was going to sympathise with her now. Lu hated sympathy, as nice a gesture it was, she felt it was unnecessary and only made matters worse. For her, anyway.

"It's okay. I'm f-fine." the Blair girl mumbled, trying to keep her usual tone as she spoke. Although, it didn't work very well, especially with Pansy. For, they had known each other for ages and by now, they practically knew everything about one another — apart from a thing or two. 

The raven haired girl pulled herself away, keeping her soft grip on Lucrezia's forearm, "This may seem like the worst time to say this but I'm a very forgetful girl so —" the other female furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, watching as Pansy turned on her heel and strolled towards the desk.

There was a small box there. A black, sparkly bow was tied around it as decoration. It didn't look like much from afar, but as Pansy drew closer to Lu with the gift balancing in her palm, its true size became more clear to her.

To say Lucrezia was confused, would be an understatement. She had never, ever gotten any gifts from anyone at Hogwarts, except Pansy. Perhaps it was because her mother was presented as evil everywhere, or just purely because people didn't pay much attention to her.