Chapter 13: Dance Lessons

Start from the beginning

And so they did, lightning quick, with Y/n flung from partner to partner, waist to waist, spinning faster, faster into a wild blur. Soon, she began to get dizzy and just like that, she was on the floor.

"There are appropriate times for fainting," Pollux scowled. "This is not one."

"I didn't mean to," Y/n mumbled.

"Suppose you faint during the Ball! Chaos! Carnage!"

"I didn't faint!"

"Forget a ball! It would be a Midnight Massacre!"

Y/n started to get annoyed as she stared him down. "I. Don't. Faint."

After that disaster of a class, Y/n was exhausted as she stumbled her way down the hall and outside until she found a nice shady tree to sit under. She pulled out a book from her bag and went into her own little world.

As time passed on, the sky began to darken. As she tried to finish her chapter, a droplet landed on her hand. Quickly, she shut the book and placed it into her bag, making sure the rain wouldn't touch it.

She stood up and began walking back to the school, She hadn't even made it halfway before it started raining harder and she started to pick up the pace.

Just as she was about to make it to the front door, a voice called behind her.

"Hey Y/n!"

She spun around and saw Tedros running after her, his blonde locks were drenched and his bow was in his hand.

"Hey Tedros," she said as he stood in front of her.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked.

"After class with Pollux, I was so stressed I needed a moment to myself. So I came out here to read before..." she pointed at the sky "... the rain."

"Yeahhh I heard about dance class. Didn't go so well did it?"

"No, I guess dancing isn't one of my talents."

Tedros walked over to the steps of the front door and placed his bow and his sword on the steps. He then walked back over to Y/n and gently lifted her bag from her shoulder and placed it with his belongings.

"What are you doing?" She asked, confused at his actions.

"I'm going to show you how to dance," he said, holding out his hand.

"I can't Tedros. Besides, I might not even get invited to the ball."

"Oh nonsense. Come now." He signaled for her to grab his hand.

She rolled her eyes and gently took his hand. "We're going to get sick out here."

"Then so be it."

Tedros placed one hand on her waist and held the other one up. Y/n copied his actions as she placed a hand on his waist and put her other hand against his. He held her hand gently and looked down at her.

"Just follow my actions okay?" He spoke gently.

"Okay," she replied.

He placed one foot forward and she placed one foot back. Then he placed his other foot forward and she placed her other foot back. She looked down at her feet to make sure she was doing everything correctly. Tedros let go of her hand for a moment and hooked a finger under her chin so she would look back up at him.

"Just focus on me. Don't overthink it," he spoke.

"I bet you'd love all my attention huh?" Y/n giggled.

"Oh trust me I would," he said with a smirk.

Y/n continued to follow his steps and soon she started to get the hang of it. Tedros took two steps back and Y/n did the same. Then Tedros took two steps forward and Y/n did the same. Tedros helped her close before letting go of her waist and spinning her around.

Y/n and Tedros laughed as he spun her and then pulled her close again

Y/n and Tedros laughed as he spun her and then pulled her close again. Tedros placed both hands on her waist and picked her up, spinning her around with him. As he placed her back down, he didn't move his hands from her waist or continue to dance. They simply both stood there and looked at each other.

Tedros looked down at Y/n and brushed a piece of wet hair from her face. He moved his hand so it was now cupping her cheek. His eyes flickered from her eyes down to her lips for a moment.

"Tedros..." she whispered.

"Shh."

Tedros slowly began to lean in. Just before his lips touched hers, a crash of thunder sounded from above, making Y/n jump back.

"We should go back inside," Y/n called.

"You're right. Let's go," Tedros responded.

He followed behind her as they grabbed their belongings and walked back into the school.

Little did they know, Agatha was watching from a window above.