Haven put his tools aside and walked to the fireplace and added another log. "I close at five today. How about I just take you then?"

Creed froze. "Uh, really?"

Haven laughed at his expression. Creed looked like he was shocked that Haven was offering to help him. Creed had to get hit on a lot. He was really good looking. Sexy. Did he not realize that? How could he not know? "Yes. I need to pick up some things anyway."

"Oh, I don't want to bug you. I just realized that I forgot your pan at home!" Creed flinched. "Shit!" He covered his face. "Sorry!" He looked at Haven.

Haven chuckled. "It's fine. If you bring it back, I will make more pie." He cleared his throat. "For you."

Creed got goosebumps. "Oh!" He was lost. "Haven. I really don't know what...I don't date or anything. I really...I should go." He was scared. He backed up. Away from this very cute man, which was the exact opposite of what he wanted to do. "I am very bad around people and I'm not good." He looked worried.

Haven stared. "What does that mean? Are you married with kids and abandoned them?"

"No! I don't have kids. No wife... or husband... I'm not a good...person. I'm not..." He dragged his hand through his hair and put his hat back on. He took a breath to slow the panic.

"We can just be friends." Haven was sure of that.

"Friends?" He watched His man. The man...yes.. He watched Haven.

"Yes. Friends. I can show you around town and tell you who to look out for. There are a couple of women that will throw themselves at you!" Haven smiled a small smile. He wanted to hang out with Creed more.

"Why?" Creed stared like he had no idea.

"Well, they will think you are hot and they're easy." Haven blushed.

"No. I'm not hot! I'm not...I can't...." Creed cleared his throat. "I should get this stuff home before it gets worse. The snow, I mean." He was nervous. "I'll see you at five. Should I just come here?"

"I can pick you up, Creed. Just as friends, nothing scary about that. I'm not looking to date either." Haven sighed. He had enough of people and their games.

"Oh, will Lois be joining us?"

Haven smiled. "I couldn't stop her. Is that okay?"

Creed smiled. "Absolutely. She is so sweet."

"She is a monster!" Haven laughed and shook his head. Creed nodded, picked up his bags and walked out. He wandered home in the snow thinking about Haven.

Killian was shocked that Creed had been to town. "You are going to the big store with Haven?"

"And Lois. I need a costume and more decorations! I want to finish it tomorrow." Creed glared. "Shut up!"

"I think it's great." Killian smiled. "It's past time that you joined the world, Creed. You should be happy. Get out there and get to know people. Let them get to know you." He leaned closer to his brother, who was panicking.

"No way! I can't do that!" Creed sighed. "I can't." He wiped tears and cleared his throat. "I...can't."

"I don't blame you, Creed. Megan was the monster. You are trying hard to be better. You are amazing, Creed. You're not a monster!" Killian believed that.

Creed shook his head. "I am a monster! I can never have a family and be normal, Killian. I can't. No matter how much I want it." His eyes were glowing as he wiped tears. "Shit!" He grabbed a paper towel. "So, how was your day?" Creed was changing the subject as he tried to calm down.