Media knows

'Good morning love, how are you feeling? ' Shub said as he woke me up with soft kisses all over my face.

'I'm alright, still a little sore though' I admitted.
'Can you drop me off at college today Shub?' I asked him as I freshened up and got ready.
'Of course, but pehle breakfast kha lo, I cooked' he smiled.

'So, what did you and Aakash talk about that day? ' I asked as I stuffed my mouth with the poha Shub made.
'Nothing much, just about you, he told me he's your senior,you guys are good friends? ' he asked.

'Yeah, I have just a few 5-6 friends in college and he's one of them, he really helped me out during first year ragging' I said.
'Ragging?! Your college has ragging?' Shub asked surprised.

'Yeah Shub, it's common in gov medical colleges' I laughed.

'But that's not legal! ' he exclaimed.

'I know, they all know, but they don't care, first year ragging is the worst, they make you do all sorts of things. But it gets better once you're in second year. Although there are some egoistic seniors who still rag us' I said.

'You tell me if anyone rags you okay? I'll handle it' Shub said, concerned.

'Don't worry Shub, it's not that bad, plus if you handle it then next day they'll do it even more, its alright, I have Aakash da so I'm usually safe' I said.

'I'll have to thank him then' he said as we finished eating and put away the plates.

Shub parked the car right outside my college gate and both got off to bid me goodbye.
'You want me to pick you up after college? ' he asked as he kissed my forehead.
'I'll text you and let you know?' I asked.
'Okay love' he smiled.
Just then, out of nowhere, there was a sudden noise of people screaming and all at once there were hundreds of people running towards us with cameras in their hands.
Shub shielded my body with his as the paparazzi almost knocked us over, 'please stay away!' Shub yelled at the top of his voice.

Shit. Paparazzi. They had most probably captured everything and within the next two hours probably I'd be everywhere on social media. All of Shubs fans would know of me. I'll be compared to his ex. They're gonna bash me if any of his matches go wrong. I could even receive hate from his fans. I'd be in the limelight of the camera forever from now, every step I take out of the house will be observed by everyone around the world. Shit.

'Olivia? Olivia! Are you okay?' Shub shook me back to reality as he shielded my body and we made our way inside the college campus.
'Shit, I'm so sorry Olivia. I didn't think this would happen. I'm so sorry. I have no clue what to do now. You don't worry and go to college. I'll call my PR team and handle this okay? Don't worry. I love you!' Shub said as he hurried back to his car and drove away.

'Ye toh hona hi thha' Aakash sang as he came and stood beside me to see the ruckus of paparazzi and media outside the college gate.
'Tumhe ye mazaak lag raha hai?' I rolled my eyes.
'Nahi nahi, I'm just kidding babah, accha how's your health?' He asked.
'Perfectly fine now' I said as we both walked inside.

I took out my phone during lunch break after the classes as me and Aakash sat down at the mess for lunch. Aakash insisted on having lunch with me after the recent incident and I couldn't say no. Even Shub liked the idea because then he'd be sure that I was properly having my meals. I gasped as I opened Instagram.
Shubman Gill seen with a new girl?
Who is this new girl spotted with Shubman Gill?
Shubman Gill, prince of Indian batting, seen kissing a girl outside a medical college?

The news about me and Shubman was literally everywhere. 'What's wrong?' Aakash asked, seeing the tensed expression on my face.
I turned my phone around to show him. 'Aap you famous ho gayi madam' he laughed.
'Come on Aakash da, mujhe famous nahi hona hai, aise toh bilkul nahi' I sighed.
'Arre don't worry na, this news will die down in a few days, phir everything will be back to normal, plus you're dating a celebrity, ye sab toh chalta hi rahega, you need to accept it' he explained and I nodded my head in agreement.
Our conversation was interrupted by a phone call from Shub,

'Hey love, I'm so sorry for leaving off in a hurry then, I know you must've seen the articles online, please don't think so much about them' he said as soon as I picked up.

'It's okay Shub, did you talk to your PR team?' I asked.

'I did, they have a good idea but I need your opinion on it' he said.

'Okay? Go ahead'

'Soo they want me to make a post on insta, introducing everyone to you as my fiance, it'll shut up a lot of people who're saying that your some random girl I've kissed. Even I want everyone to know that this isn't just another fling but that I'm actually serious about you'

'That actually sounds great, I'm totally fine with it' I said.

'Thank you love, I'm so sorry that the media found out this way, par abhi kya hi kar sakte hai' he sighed

'Haa I know Shub, accha you take care of that, I gotta go, my lunch break is about to end' I said.

'Okay, make sure you eat properly. Do you need me to pick you up after college? ' he asked.

'No I have some work after college, so it's okay, I'll see you tomorrow okay? I love you' I smiled.

'Okay , I love you too Oli' I felt him smile from the other side of the phone.

Shubman

I sighed in exhaustion as soon as I hit the couch in my apartment. I had a really long day at practice today plus there were a lot of things I needed to handle about the media finding out about Oli. I was worried about her, she was not at all used to being in the limelight of the camera all the time, to be scrutinized by people all the time. I was hoping she hadnt read too many articles and mainly the comments. People on the internet don't give any fucks about who they are hurting when they leave those mean comments. They were mostly comparing her to my ex, only if they knew Olivia they'd know that there was no comparison.

I posted a cute little mirror pic of us from the time we went to the house party. I didn't want to reveal too much of her face so that pic was perfect for it. I introduced her in the caption as my fiance and their soon to be 'bhabi'.
There were quite a few mean comments but I was surprised by how supportive most of the people were.
That post quickly became my most liked picture and was still ranining in like after like and comment after comment.

After dinner I decided to give Oli a call and ask her if she'd had dinner properly. It had only been a few hours we'd been apart but I was missing her terribly. I just wanted her here in my arms again. I called her once but her phone was switched off. That's weird. It was only 10pm. Maybe her phone ran out of charge. She did tell me she had some work to do after college but she shouldve been home by now.

Before I could call her again my doorbell rang a few times. No one was supposed to come over at this hour.
I opened the door and my blood ran cold.
Olivia, with a cut on her lips and a bruise on her cheek, her eyes red with crying, standing there at my doorstep.
I tried my best to keep in the absolute feral rage I was feeling inside me.

'Who did this to you? '