SPOTTING OPPORTUNITIES TO GUIDE YOU

It never ceases to amaze me how negativity thinkers "never have any opportunities"and how POSITIVITY THINKERS are always spotting opportunities than they are able to pursue.

HOW POSITIVITY THINKERS SPOT OPPORTUNITIES

1. LOOK TO THE FUTURE-NOT TO THE PAST.
Be inspired by history: don't be trapped by it. "Anything we're doing can be done better-I have an incurable improvement complex," is the way one very successful opportunity-spotting positive thinker summed it up to me.

Opportunity spotters know that almost anything can be improved: either the quality, service,price or package of the product or program.

Be a pioneer and become a pacesetter leaving your fingerprints on the pages of history .

THE DAYS OF BIG OPPORTUNITIES ARE NOT PAST!

One of the most damning ideas that is going around the country is the idea that yesterday was the day of greater opportunities. The truth is there has never been a time in human history that held greater opportunities than our present age.
A young high-school student shared this problem with me recently. "I feel I have been born fifty years too late." "What do you mean, John?" I asked. "Well, it seems like about everything worth doing has been done. Well there is a wealth of opportunity and challenge. The greatest is yet to be!"

2. LOOK FOR SOMETHING THAT MOST PEOPLE WOULD AGREE "WOULD BE WONDERFUL IF IT COULD BE DONE." When you find an idea that "would be great if it was possible," then you may be on edge of a great opportunity. This is the time to remind yourself that nothing is impossible.
In a television spectacular, Cinderella, a player says, "Sensible people say it's impossible, but impossible things are happening every day!"

3. LOOK FOR OBSTACLES, REMEMBERING THAT EVERY OBSTACLE IS AN OPPORTUNITY.
W

hat others view as a stumbling block the POSITIVITY THINKER is often sure must be a potential steppingstone.

Let me share with you the story of my friend called Janet. Janet has what is regrettably called leprosy. She is committed to remain there until the disease is completely arrested. She bacame totally blind. She wanted to die. One day something amazing happened. This positive thought leaked into her mind:

What can I do with what I have left?

And it dawned on her that she still had her sanity. She would write a book! She would become an author. So she went to the library and checked out a book on how to be a writer. As she went tapping her way blindly back to her room with the book in her hand she met her doctor. "What do you have there, Janet?"
"A book, Doctor."
"How do you expect to read it, Janet?"
"I expect to find someone, sir, who will read it to me."
"What's the title?"
"Well, it's a book on how to write for a living, Doctor."

"Now, Janet, that's a strange book for a blind woman, isn't it?" the doctor asked.
Well, POSITIVITY -THINKING Janet had her own ideas.
Every obstacle is an opportunity. She would capitalize on her sickness by telling her story in such a way that others could be inspired to live above their handicaps.
She would get a tape recorder, speak into the machine, and find someone to type her dictation. She didn't bother to explain to the doctor. Her mind was made up!
While all those around her were existing a living death of hopelessness, she had decided "to cast my lot with the living and begin a campaign to rejoin the human race."

She turned her unseeing face toward the doctor and confidently announced, "I still have my mind, Doctor, and I intend to use it."
NB: "instead of bemoaning the things you have lost try to make the most of what you have left."

4. LOOK FOR PROBLEMS. Almost every problem is an opportunity. The old expression puts it this way: "When you get mad enough to swear, it's the time to invent something." Success is finding a need and filling it. And what is a need but someonec's unresolved problem? So look for problems. Many problems are unfilled human needs that hold great opportunities.
Problems often are opportunities to sell an idea.