"Always an angel, never a god." Wallace had said to himself for what seemed to be the hundredth time this hour, for Scott had sent another picture of him and Ramona.

He didn't not like Ramona, at least that's what he would tell himself, but he did like Scott, and that's what was making these honeymoon months harder for him. All Scott would do was come home and gush about how "cool" and "funny" Ramona was, and Wallace hated every second of it. But he did truly care about him, even just as friends, so he'd always smile and nod along.

The sheer boredom and pinch of yearning made Wallace get up and pour himself some wine.

"Ugh... Scott didn't rinse the soap out of this properly..." He mumbled.

He still drank the wine though, he didn't want it to go to waste, no matter how gross it tasted.

He finished the cup and didn't have the motivation to clean it so he just left it in the sink.

He went back to the living space and just lay down on the ground, turning on the TV for some background noise.

He stared at the ceiling, daydreaming and thinking about what he would do today. Or tomorrow. Or the next week.
He never really did anything besides reading and retail therapy.

Wallace picked up a book he had put down earlier and started reading. Although he could barely focus, he kept rereading the same page over and over and over again.

"I'm done with this."

Wallace threw the book at the wall, causing a framed picture to shatter and fall to the ground.

"Fuck..."

He knew he couldn't just leave the glass there, so he decided to clean it up. He picked up the picture first and paused.

It was old photo booth pictures he and Scott had taken at an amusement park. He remembered trying to hint at Scott that day by holding his hand, but Scott just took it as Wallace not wanting him to get lost since he had a habit of wandering.

Wallace put the picture in his pocket and quickly picked up the shards and threw them out. He lay down on the mattress and sighed. He pulled his blanket up to his neck and tried to take a nap, he was just about to fall asleep when his phone started ringing.

With a groan, Wallace got up, again, and answered.

"Hello...?"

"Wallace!! Can you pick me up? I kinda told Ramona that I was fine walking home alone but it's like really dark out and I can barely see."

"Who is this??"

"C'mon don't give me that! You always tell me to use my context clues!"

"I know I just- Can you really not walk home???"

"No!!! I don't know where I am!!"

"Fine..."

Wallace hung up and got ready to go, he grabbed his keys and pulled up Scott's location.

"Why is he an hour away???"

He rested his forehead against the horn for a while.

A/N

I'M SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO PUT OUT!! I GOT REALLY BUSY BUT I SHOULD BE FINE NOW!

I'm super sorry for the short chapter too, I just didn't know how to write more 😪