73

season 6 episode 9

Red Flag
🚨

Lindsey and Buck sat cuddled up on the couch. They were on their fourth movie of the night. Neither had planned to stay up late, normally halfway through the second movie the two would start dozing off, but tonight was different.

The air felt different. There was something in the wind that created a new and unwelcoming feeling. Calls were different, people were different. Everything just felt off.

With uneasiness in the air, the couple couldn't find it in themselves to fall asleep. Buck had said that it was because of the Santa Ana winds blowing through. Lindsey wasn't too sure. She felt like it was more than just that. Like something awful was about to happen and she's not gonna be able to stop it.

Lindsey feared the unknown, especially in the line of work her and Buck were in. There was no knowing what was gonna happen.

"You know what I think?" Lindsey spoke as she twisted her head to look up at Buck. His eyes looked down to meet hers, "What?"

"I think we should both just stay home tomorrow, and the rest of the weekend."

Buck gave a light laugh and pulled Lindsey closer to him, "You know we can't do that. We both already agreed to go in." Lindsey's brows furrowed, "So? We can just call in sick."

"Linds, we aren't calling in sick. Why are you so against going to work? You love to work."

Lindsey sighed as her eyes drifted down to Bucks bare chest. Her hand traced his tattoos as she said, "I love work. I do. It's just...I have a bad feeling." Buck raised a brow, encouraging her to continue. "I just feel like something's going to happen. Something bad."

"It's probably just the wind Linds. It has everyone on edge." His hand rubbed up and down her back in comfort. "I don't know..." She trailed off.

"Linds, nothing is going to happen. Everything will be fine." He sat up and pulled Lindsey up so they were eye level. His hand moved up to cup her face and she leaned her head into his hand.

"Maybe you're right."

Once their movie ended, they still weren't ready to sleep and decided a late night/early morning snack would be best. While Lindsey pulled out the food, Buck had gotten a text from Connor.