Chapter 8 - A Good Hug

There you all were, standing in the entryway of a house hidden away in the middle of a vineyard. You listened to Fugo instruct Narancia on what to do to make sure no one was trailing him. Someone needed to get groceries and Narancia was the best person to do it, his stand was right for the job. You were tired of waiting around and listening to Fugo berate the poor boy, so you headed upstairs to check in on Guido. He was standing outside of the room Trish was in, keeping guard over the younger girl. He was leaning against the wall and had a bored look on his face.

"Caio, Guido." you say, leaning against the wall next to your boyfriend and partner. You had often been paired together on missions and such, which is what led to the two of you hitting it off and dating against the rest of the team's knowledge. You linked your pinky with his, a small gesture you liked to partake in when no one would notice.

"Caio, Y/n. How are you doing?" Guido asks.

You shrug at his question, not really knowing what to say. Guido notices your silence and the odd look on your face. He had gathered you would act like this when there was something on your mind, so he spoke again.

"Somethings bothering you..." he says, staring at the wall across the hall. He nudges your side with his elbow, trying to get you to spill what's on your mind.

You let out a sigh and start to talk. "It's Giorno." you stated, not knowing how to explain your thoughts.

"What, did he say something to you?" he asked, his protective side starting to show.

"No, no." you quickly spoke, not wanting Guido to get upset. "It's just..." you pause for a moment, arranging your thoughts. "He reminds me of my younger brother..." you hadn't seen Haruno for a long time, after abandoning your 'family' and joining the gang you couldn't bring yourself to speak to him again.

Guido had a vague recollection of your life before the gang. You had told him bits and pieces over the year or so that you had known him.

"I just... can't stop thinking about how I left him... He's all alone with those horrible excuses for parents." You clenched your fists, squeezing Guido's pinky in the process. He pulls his hand from yours and envelopes you in a hug before speaking.

"It's not your fault. You can't always protect everyone Y/n. And I think Haruno would understand why you left..." He rubs your back in an attempt to comfort you while your fists dug into the fabric of his sweater. He could feel warm tears hitting his neck but he didn't care. All that mattered was comforting you.

"I just hope he doesn't hate me..." you mumble into Guido's shoulder. The soft words making you melt into Guido's embrace.

"From what you've told me about your brother, he's a kind and understanding kid. I don't think he hates you. Besides." he pauses, pulling your face off of his chest so you can look into your eyes. "It's impossible to hate someone as cute as you." He says, before pecking you on the lips. His words made you chuckle, pulling him in for another kiss, but this time your lips stayed connected for a few more seconds. You both knew you shouldn't be doing this. Especially when one of your teammates could walk up the stairs at any moment and catch you pressed against each other.

And that's exactly what happened.

Your lips had connected once more and you had closed your eyes. You only noticed someone standing there when a throat cleared and a voice spoke.

"Bucciarati wants us in the entryway. Narancia had some issues..."

You both shot off of eachother and saw Giorno standing at the top of the stairs, staring at you with an embarrassed look on his face.

"Shit! Man, don't sneak up on a guy like that!" Guido half yelled. A heavy blush spread across his face. You could feel your face get hotter by the second, embarrassed that you had been caught.

"Don't tell anyone." you said, giving Giorno the most menacing look you could with how dark your face had gotten.

Giorno gave you both a nod and a quick sorry before heading back down the stairs. You both followed suit. Concerned for your friend and teammate.

————

Sorry for the short chapter, I wanted to include a little bit of backstory and fluff. Also just imagine this conversation was the entire length of a shopping trip and a stand fight.