A day to remember

"This was beautiful," I say.

"You are beautiful," he says.

"I wish this wouldn't end."

"It doesn't have to."

"But it does."

"Why?" he asks, concerned.

"Because all good things have to, eventually."

"Well... I'll give you that, but not all, and not if we have a say in it."

"I'm serious."

"What's wrong my darling?"

"It feels so fast, this thing between us. Where is this going? what are we doing? This is only our first date, and yet...as euphoric and on top of the world I feel right now, being here with you...I'm so scared. I keep wondering, Is it right to feel this way? Is it right that this feels so....right? It's so soon it's unheard of. And that makes me terrified, the possibility that this could be untrue, that before I know it, it could all unravel into nothing."

He stops and holds my face, his warm hands soothing away the cold.

"My dear star, don't be scared. Whatever it is, I'm in this with you, I can't turn back, and I'm not afraid to admit, that somehow, you have become very special to me, ever since we met yesterday."

He takes a deep breath, his mouth curving into a soft smile and he continues.

"We don't have to rush,

we do not have to put a name to this.

Let it be what it has to be,

let it take its course, these feelings, you and me,

we'll see where it leads,

I only ask that you come on this journey with me."

We stare at each other. The water ripples softly in the distance. In his eyes, I see hope and apprehension. He tenses as he asks. As if I could ever respond otherwise.

"So will you come with me my star ?"

"Yes, anywhere this takes us, anywhere with you."

We laugh with joy, giddy like two teenagers in love. Hands red from the cold never leaving each other.

"Let me take you home?" He asks, and we walk in comfortable silence to my doorstep. I hope for a kiss, but instead, placing a kiss on my hand he says,

"For now we'll part,

farewells are forever so I wish you love,

I wish you love till we next meet.

Au revoir my star,

I hope you are as happy as you've made me feel.

Tonight, I'm the happiest man alive."