prolouge

❆⋆꙳☃︎ SANTA BABY
chapter 0 outer banks in target

"THE FIRST OF DECEMBER HAS GOT to be the worst day of the year

"THE FIRST OF DECEMBER HAS GOT to be the worst day of the year." aria said as she leaned with her head down at the target counter.

"what, no. it's christmas time, and it's perfect. like look at my decorating, i got take a photo of this later." her best friend grace said.

"or maybe you're insane. christmas is just so draining. people are so energetic." aria said.

"just because you're a grouch doesn't mean everyone else has to be." grace said, going back to her station.

a lady came to aria's counter, putting her stuff onto the conveyor belt.

"hello, how's your day." aria said, putting on a smile.

"great, yours?"

"good, thanks for asking."

she continued to scan the woman's items, putting them into her bag she had placed down.

"total is thirty six dollars and 40 cents." aria said.

the lady nodded, putting her card into the reader. it payed, and then she took her bags.

"have a good day, thank you for shopping at target."

aria sighed, going back to her straight face. "i hate it here." she groaned.

then emma, who worked at the dunkin' donuts right next to their shop ran in.

"0h my gosh!" she said, running over to aria. "hey hey, what's the tea." grace said going over.

"have you guys watched obx, like outer banks?" emma asked.

"yes, i love that show!?" grace said. "nope, never heard." aria said.

"well the cast, they were just in dunkin' 5 minutes ago, and i was gonna tell you guys but my manager wouldn't let me go on my phone. but they said they were going to go to target."  emma said.

"is this a joke. emma i swear-" grace said, holding the girl's shoulders.

"emma, i'm not joking." grace said. emma squealed and people looked around at the trio.

"come on aria! be happy!" grace said to her best friend.

"there's nothing to be happy about right now, especially because i have 4 hours left of my shift. and i really want some shake shack." the girl sighed.

"whatevs, i'm gonna walk around and see if any of them need help." grace said, squealing once more.

emma left, going back to dunkin while aria took her phone out her pocket.

she opened tiktok, scrolling with the volume was turned down.

a group of people came up to her counter, so she put her phone away.

"hello welcome to target." aria said running her hand though her hair.

she didn't realize that drew starkey, jonathan daviss and madison bailey were right in front of her, and loading their stuff onto the belt.

"excited for christmas?" drew said, looking at aria's red and green target apron.

"do you want me to be honest?" aria asked. "of course." he smiled. "i'm not excited, i'm forced to wear it. i wish it went back to normal red." she said bagging their items.

"you're very straight forward." drew chuckled, taking his card out.

"you said be honest."

"twelve fourty-seven." aria said. "geez that's alot for two items." jonathan said. drew shrugged, "it's chase's card anyways, we'll be fine."

he turned to aria, smiling before putting the card into the reader.

"well if we're being straightforward, i dragged my friends to your register because i think you're very pretty." drew said.

"oh-um thank you."

"of course." drew said, taking his bags off the counter.

he glanced at aria's name tag, and then smiled at her once again.

"i hope you have a good day aria, and that the apron's go back to red for you." drew said, him, madison, and jonathan leaving.

aria watched them leave, too shocked by a costumer calling her pretty to say her usual goodbye.

grace came over a few minutes after, "i didn't get to see them. i think emma lied." she sighed.

"i mean i just saw this trio, if that helps. maybe the rest are still shopping." aria said.

"really what did they look like?"

"one was a woman, she had curly hair, the other was a darkskin man with curly hair, and the other had like a buzz-"

"madison, jonathan, and drew. oh my gosh! they checked out at your counter! aria this is...crazy!" grace said, excitedly.

"for you" aria emphasized. "maybe i should've stayed here. it's checkout, duh." grace said hitting her head.

"yeah... and the buzz guy called me pretty."

"what?!"

"yeah, me too.

nayah speaks !!

first time writing a grouch x sunshine trope...wish me luck..