***

On a typical morning, the familiar grip of her husband disappeared, and she began to miss it before even waking up. Hearing the sound of water splashing from the washroom, she became fully awake, with notifications on her phone buzzing incessantly. True to her nature, Anika Maheshwari, now Anika Singh Oberoi, refused to let anything ruin her mood.

"Hey Siri, play my morning playlist," she instructed, and Passori nu song filled the room. Dancing to the beats, she suddenly realized she was naked. Grabbing her blanket to cover herself, she reached for her nightgown discarded on the floor by her grumpy husband. Putting it on, she headed downstairs, still grooving to the music. The morning took an amusing turn when her groomed husband rushed out of the washroom and examined the hickey on his neck in the dressing mirror. A smile played on her face as she watched him struggle.

"LOWER THE VOLUME!" his instruction followed, prompting her to rush to her phone and lower the volume. Quietly observing him, she noticed him searching for his mufflers. Despite the sunny weather, he seemed ready to feign illness for the next few days. Chuckling, she glanced at him through the mirror. Turning around, she opened her drawer, revealing concealers in his skin tone – a shade she had purchased when he struggled with mufflers for three consecutive days. The memory brought ultimate happiness, and she couldn't help but smile.

"Shivaay," she called him. Acknowledging her without turning around, he continued inspecting himself in the mirror.

"Concealers," she said, holding them out. A frown appeared on his face.

"They don't work. Your shade only makes it darker. Thanks for the idea, though; it makes my life easier," he said with frustration.

"But I bought it for you, matching your skin tone," she replied with a smile. The frown vanished when he noticed her sheepish grin.

"Give it to me," he requested, turning around.

"If you apply it directly, it won't last until the afternoon. Proper skin prep is required," she explained, widening her closed lips. Frustration etched across his face as he rubbed his temples.

"So, can I?" she asked.

He nodded yes. "Soon," he added. She quickly moved towards him, taking moisturizer from her bag. As the song changed to Mahiye Jinna Sonna, her eyes widened in response. Unperturbed, she gently applied the moisturizer to the nape of his neck, recalling their passionate night. Despite her inner desires, she focused on the task. Glancing at his face, she noted his numb expression. Knowing that the morning had transformed him into a different person, she continued.

"How long does it take?" he asked again in frustration.

"It's your posture. If you sit, I could do it better!" she complained, realizing her words had a double meaning when he furrowed his brows.

"I mean, I couldn't prep your skin in this posture," she clarified, but it again seemed to convey a different meaning.

"Please sit!" she urged. Nodding, he sat on the small cushions in front of the dressing mirror. A mischievous idea crossed her mind, and she took advantage of the situation by sitting on her husband's lap, crossing her legs in either direction. While applying moisturizer, she ventured further.

"Can I blow?" she asked, eliciting a shocked response.

"W-What?" he stammered, and she felt him reacting beneath his trousers.

"I am asking about the primer. It should dry first before applying the concealers," she clarified, taking full advantage of the situation.

"Do it faster; I have a meeting in the next hour!" he whispered, then cleared his throat.