𝟎𝟎𝟒. i'll always wait for you

Comenzar desde el principio

"i'm craving dunkin' but i knew you'd be mad if i went without you, so here i am." he answers, finally putting the blanket down because he knows she's not gonna want to go back to sleep after the mention of dunkin.

"awe, thinking of me, huh?" she teases with a grin, getting up and taking a seat on the stool in front of her vanity instead so she could brush her tangled hair.

"always," matt responds quickly, getting up and standing behind the stool, looking at her through the mirror with lights in front of them.

she smiles without her teeth, looking up at his reflection. "what a gentleman," she jokes, aggressively brushing her hair.

he opens his mouth to reply before noticing how she's brushing her hair so offensively. "geez, kie, keep it up and you'll be bald like that one guy we saw in the advertisement yesterday." he affirms, chuckling dryly at her frustration.

"good, at least he doesn't have to brush a rats nest every morning!" she deadpans, continuing to brush her hair as aggressive as possible to get rid of the tangles.

he grabs her arm, preventing her from losing all her hair. "jesus, let me brush your hair for you." he trails the grip on her arm up to the brush in her fingers.

she sighs a breath of relief, releasing the brush into matt's hand and putting her hands down.

he smiles, softly brushing her hair and ignoring all the 'ow's he hears. just kidding, he doesn't ignore them! every time she says 'ow' or scrunches her face in pain, he either brushes slower and softer or focuses on a different piece of hair instead.

she watches him in the mirror as he does so, noticing the way he's so concentrated on a simple task. she wonders if he's annoyed, only brushing her hair because he wants to go to dunkin' faster.

she lets her thoughts control the sentence that comes out of her mouth. "you don't have to do this, you know."

"i want to do this." he answers simply, going through her hair with his fingers gently.

"are you sure? if you want to go to dunkin without me—"

he interrupts her, "if i wanted to go without you, i wouldn't have came here and woke you up."

the corner of her lips turn upward, "if you're hungry, you could—"

he interrupts her again, "i'm not hungry, i just want to go to dunkin' with you."

she twists her lips as she tries to refrain from smiling, not taking her eyes off of him as he doesn't make eye contact once, too focused on her hair.

"i'm almost done," he lets her know, brushing out her hair way more gently than she did.

"sorry for making you wait." she apologizes, feeling bad that they could've been at dunkin' by now if she didn't complain about her hair.

"i'll always wait for you." he discloses, ultimately putting the brush down when he finishes brushing out all the tangles in her hair. he rests his hands on her shoulders as he finally makes eye contact with her through the mirror.

she raises her eyebrows and smiles amusedly, feeling her face start to heat up. "thank you."

he nods in response, not wanting to say 'you're welcome' because then it'll sound like a favor and it's so much more than that —to matt at least.

"okay, let me just change and brush my teeth then we could finally go." she says, getting up and looking through her dresser drawers for something to wear.

she finds blue denim shorts and a simple pastel purple tank top, closing her drawers and turning to matt who still stands in his original spot, instead turned around so he could face her.

"look away." she says, him instantly plopping onto her bed face first and burying his head in her pillows.

it's kind of a routine, every time kiara has to change she just tells matt to look away, in which he always does because he's respectful.

she trusts him, learning that he's one of the only boys she knows who can handle doing the bare minimum.

"done," she says when she finishes changing and starts walking to the bathroom attached to her room. he gets up and follows behind her.

he sets himself up onto the empty space on the counter as she squeezes the toothpaste onto her toothbrush and turns the water on.

she slightly rinses the toothbrush and puts it in her mouth, rubbing it against her teeth as some of the water starts to drip down onto her hands. she rolls her eyes because she hates drying her hands afterwards and the way they always reek of toothpaste later.

matt notices the way her hair keeps getting in her face every time she leans forward to spit. so, he grabs a hair tie in the cabinet where they usually are and hops off of the counter to stand behind her.

he gathers all her hair and ties it into a ponytail before returning to his spot on the counter.

she smiles, ultimately putting her toothbrush away and stopping the water. she grabs her hand towel and dries off her lips and hands.

she examines the ponytail matt created in the mirror before laughing.

his eyebrows raise amusedly, "what?"

"this is a crazy looking ponytail."

"do it yourself then, princess."

she grins, "you know what, it's amazing! i'll wear it all day." she impulsively establishes, instantly regretting her decision when she takes a closer look at it in the mirror.

_________________________________

why are they actually cute in a corny way

i love soft relationships sm

"princess" 🧎‍♀️🧎‍♀️
i'm not a weirdo but......

i'm on season 1 episode 14 of gilmore girls and i literally love luke. if him and lorelai don't end up together it's on sight with everybody.

- mina