Chapter 15: To the Kingdom Conference

Start from the beginning

Soot shot out of Mia's shadow and joined Kree in the air, looking for what was causing the goblins to run.

"Reap," Jayda cast, and a wind blade shot out and mowed down the goblins cutting them in half giving them some breathing room. "Prepare for incoming... Forest Wolves," Jayda called.

"Is this a flood?" Marline asked as she knelt to scrub her hands, on the soil to dry them.

"Use this," Astra tossed her a bag, in it was the chalk that Astra used to dry her hands. Marline clapped her hands against the bag then hung it on her hip, Astra tossed a similar bag to Tomas, her team mates already had chalk bags and were using them to dry their hands. She picked up her sword and got ready for the next wave.

"Not a flood, they are running," Mia said as she dismounted.

"From what?" Tomas demanded to know as he readied a shield.

"Something big," Mia stated as the trees started to shake in the distance.

Jayda's eyes glazed over as she used share sense, Kree's eyes couldn't see the threat, but at least she could sense what was coming, four Daemon Viper Variants. "Four Daemon Viper Variants." She explained as her eyes cleared up so that she could fight the incoming forest wolves.

Just as the first wave of Forest Wolves broke the tree line Fern stood before them and howled. The wolves realised immediately they would face death running through, so they changed directions, skirting around the group and into the forest at their backs and kept running.

"Huh, okay," Tomas remarked glad he didn't have to fight the wolves considering what was coming. "Daemon Vipers, don't get big, four, five metres tops." He told Jayda as he took a swig of water from his canteen. He glanced for his daemon horse, but they were with the merchants, in the barrier. Only the four War Horses were free, and they had trampled any goblin to go near the barrier.

"These aren't normal Daemon Vipers." Jayda said, Kree hadn't managed a good look at them as the forest obscured them, she simply knew by the way magic radiated from them that they were daemon vipers.

Tomas glanced back to the merchants, "Do we get them to flee?"

Jayda shook her head; she was using share sense again trying to get a look at what was coming as more monsters fled around them but with Fern standing there letting off an intimidating aura which let them know to go around.

Jayda finally got a flash of bright rainbow colours through the trees. She returned her senses to her body and started to shift through the monster evolution trees her mother and Ghean had made her memorise.

"Jayda?" Frey asked as the shaking trees got closer.

"Tomas, Marline, get in the barrier, NOW!" Astra ordered. "What are we facing?" she asked Jayda and Mia.

"Soot says big serpent, that's all." Mia told her,

"Jayda?" Astra questioned.

"Shut up, let me think," Jayda told her as she followed the Daemon Viper monster tree through its various Variants, looking for a Variant with a rainbow pattern. "Shit." Jayda turned and lifted the barrier letting Marline and Tomas in before she dropped the barrier back down. "Barrier, Barrier, Barrier, Barrier. Great Wall." She cast quickly, the barriers over lapped and then a solid wall, a smaller variation of the wall magic she had used to make Fort Town, rose out of the ground.

"What are we facing?" Frey asked seriously for Jayda to cast such a strong protection she had probably figured out what they were facing.

"Rainbow Vipers, SS class monsters on their own, and we have a pack of four." Jayda explained.