"Mmm"

It was 9 p.m. Khushi checked her mobile. The charge was full. She removed it from the power bank and taught Arnav how to record the video. Arnav carefully learned it.

"Do you understand?"

Arnav nodded yes and showed her how to record a video.

"That's all... you are awesome, Arnav"

Arnav smiled.

"Shall we go?" Arnav asked.

Khushi nodded yes and took a deep breath.

"Are you nervous?"

She nodded yes.

Arnav clutched her hand and said,

"Don't be... Arnav is with you. he will not let anything happen to you"

"I'm not bothered about me but you..."

"Me?"

"What will I do if anything happens to you? What will I answer to your parents?"

"Nothing will happen to me. We will come back together and live long..."

Khushi cupped his face and slammed his lips with hers. They shared an emotional kiss. Breaking the kiss, Khushi hugged him tight. Arnav reciprocated the hug. They stayed for a few seconds in one another's arms.

"Khushi, relax... everything will be alright"

"Are not you tense?"

"Khushi, I had met many war fields where there were only blood and lifeless bodies. This is nothing to me"

She kissed his forehead.

"Let's go"

Arnav gave the sand clock to Khushi. She clutched his hand tightly before twisting it. Arnav circled her waist and said,

"Twist it now"

Khushi twisted it and said, the date and place. The next second, they appeared in the lonely bungalow where Khushi's parents' dead bodies were found. They looked here and there.

"No one is here, Khushi"

"They will come. We came so early"

"Oh, yeah..."

"We have to find a place to hide. They should not know our presence. They will see us if we are inside the bungalow" Khushi said looking at their surroundings in a searching manner.

"Let's go outside. I think we will see the happenings of this bungalow through this window" Arnav pointed at the window.

Khushi nodded yes and they came to the backyard of the bungalow. Khushi was restless whereas Arnav was watchful about the surroundings.

After half an hour, two cars came to the bungalow. Khushi and Arnav were alerted. Arnav started capturing the video. There were six people. They brought Khushi's parents to the main hall, tying their mouths and hands. They made them sit on chairs and tied them to the chairs.

"Where is the sand clock?" One of them asked Shashi Gupta while removing the cloth from his mouth.

"I don't know... trust me... I told him many times we don't know where my father kept it"

"Is he Rudra Pratap Singh?" Arnav asked in a feeble tone only Khushi to hear.

"I don't know..." Said Khushi.

That was when another car came there. Khushi and Arnav got ready. They thought the head of the gang had come. But they frowned, seeing two goons bringing an old man.

"Who is he?" Arnav asked.

"I don't know," Khushi said with confusion. She didn't know who the other one related to the Sand Clock but, Shashi Gupta's next stance shocked her.

"Rudra Pratap Uncle... how do you come here?"

"Who is he?" Arnav asked as he could not understand Hindi.

"Rudra Pratap" Khushi said.

"Didn't you say, it was Rudra Pradap who killed your parents? Then why do they tie him too"

Khushi gulped down hard not answering. How could she say anything when she was confused?

"I can't understand anything, Arnav"

The Goons made him sit on a chair and tied him to the chair just like Shashi and Garima. The Goons removed the cloth from his mouth.

"He is not ready to believe I don't know about the sand clock..." Rudra Pratap said.

"What is he saying?" Arnav asked.

"He says, someone didn't believe when he said he knew nothing about the sand clock"

That was when one more car came there. Khushi was shocked to see Nayak entering the bungalow.

"Nayak..." Khushi murmured.

"Whaaat? Is he Nayak?" Arnav asked.

Khushi nodded yes with a painful expression.

Nayak came and sat in front of the trio.

"I'm giving you a last chance. Where is the Sand Clock?" he asked.

"No matter how many chances you will give me... the answer will be the same. I don't know" Rudra Pratap said.

"My Babuji didn't say where he kept it... but, why do you want it? My father said nothing could be changed through it... then what will you do with that?" Shashi asked.

"You are a fool not to understand your father. Did you ever thought, being a simple archeologist how did your father give you a lavishing life? From where did he get the money that made him rich?"

"He got many rewards..."

"Rewards my foot... it's all a lie. He traveled to many historical eras and brought many ancient things. He sold it to the millionaires and earned the money"

More than anyone, Khushi was shocked to hear that.

"Don't you know those things have heavy demand? Nothing can indeed be changed through the sand clock but we can earn billions using that. Shashi Gupta, do you know what the value of one gold coin of the Gupta Emperor is...? A few millions..."

"My father didn't earn that much money ever..."

Cutting him,

"He was an idiot who didn't use the opportunity...! Tell me the truth. Or else, I will get the truth from Khushi. I know how to do it"

"He didn't say anything to us..."

"If his family members don't know about it, how do I know?" Rudra Pratap asked.

"It's because you are close to his heart. Didn't he share his time travel experiences with you? I know he was the one who named your grandson and I know why he named him APARAJITH" Nayak smirked.

Rudra Pratap was suffocated. Arnav and Khushi were surprised and became excited to know which APARAJITH they were talking about.

"He met a Prince called APARAJITH when he went to the Mauriyan Empire... am I right?" Nayak asked.

Arnav looked at Khushi shockingly who was also looking at him with shock.

To be continued...

The next updates are available on INKITT. I  completed this story on INKITT.