; clay // jealous 👀

Start from the beginning

"okay, okay..awesome," i mumbled, i didn't realize but i looked insane. staring wide eye at floyd.

"uhh...yeah...i'm actually..gonna go, bye y/n," floyd murmured, rushing away. did i scare him?

"uh- ..bye?" y/n said in confusion, "..what's that about?" they asked, looking at me.

i shrugged with a blank face.
"i dunno," i plainly spoke.

"oh wel-" they started talking, but i rushed to cut them off. i don't know why i did! but i felt like they were gonna say something i didn't want them to say, so i cut them off.
"ohh!! y/n! since floyd is gone, let's hang out!" i beamed, i threw up hands up as if it was the best idea i've ever had.

they were quiet for a moment, looking around, but they shrugged, smiling a little. it was really cute.

"sure," they softly giggled.
i took their hand and rushed them to somewhere where i'd think would entertain them.

[ y/ns pov ]

clay was being weird, but i loved hanging out with clay so i didn't mind when he offered to.

he rushed me to a party being held in the restaurant part of this building on vacation island.
branch and his band was singing, everyone was watching around.

we approached. clay had some sort of death grip on my wrist.
it sorta hurt, but i ignored it.

"branch is pretty good," i said through the loud noise, looking at clay as i spoke.

clay turned to me, a blank expression on his face, but then his eyebrows furrowed.
"eh, he's not THAT good," he shrugs, closing his eyes.

"huh? why not?" i curiously asked. confused on why he was hating on his own brother, maybe he was jealous of his talent or something? [ he's jealous, but not of his talent 😝 ]

clays eyes opened, looking back at me, he tilts his head away from me. "well cause!" he exclaims.
he was being a little dramatic, but he typically always is! so i chuckled in response.

i nudged him shoulder with me elbow.

"ha, no need to be jealous of your brothers ta-"
"i'm not jealous!!!" clay shouts. which caught some trolls attention near by.

"clay, quiet down," i whispered.

"sorry," he muttered, looking around, and the eyes were back off of us.

i patted his back, "it's okay, you're a good singer too!" i smiled. [ you didn't realize he was jealous of something else.. 😕]

he looked at me confused on why i said that, and then his expression changed to a realization.
"OOH- no, i'm not jealous of that," he chuckled.

"what? then what else?-"
"nothing!"
.
.
i raised an eyebrow at him, he looked at me and then looked away, and repeated that for a good couple of seconds.

"uhhh...i'm jus jealous of...his outfit! he got dri-PAH." he said as he popped the 'p' and pulled on the neck collar of his shirt, as it snapped back, he looked away from me.

"well you look good," i nonchalantly spoke, looking forward at branch as his song was finishing up.

clay was slightly blushing at the comment. [ but you didn't see cause you weren't looking at him ]

clay was finally feeling better about his day, being next to someone he liked so dearly lifted his spirits! untilll...

[ second person pov ]

clay turned to look at you, expecting you to be right by his side, he did let go of your wrist not to long ago anyways, cause he was sure you'd stick by.
but you weren't right there.
he looked around in a split moment of panic. he turned around, seeing you talking to floyd.
'BRUH.' is the only thought in his head.
clays expression scrunched up, he was annoyed once again.