Life's Sick Little Sweet Moments

A/N

THE PAUL IN THIS CHAPTER IS NOT ONE DIRECTIONS BODYGUARD. HE'S AVERY'S BROTHER. I FORGOT PAUL HIGGINS WAS AFFILIATED WITH 1D AT THE TIME I FIRST STARTED THIS DTORY, AND IM NOT CHANGING HIS NAME. SORRY IF IT CONFUSES YOU

Now.... Venture on

The next day, it was hard to wake up, mostly because I didn't sleep the previous night. Not because of any insomniatic reasons, just because of everything that's been happening lately. So many unexpected things are going on, and its only been a short while. Harry came back, I dated Zayn Malik, Zayn Malik cheated on me, my parents came home. I don't understand what I did to do this; the good and the bad that's happened to me lately.

I begrudgingly got out of bed once my mother told me she made pancakes, one of my guilty pleasures, and went down the stairs. The smell of butter and syrup filled my nose, while the sound of laughter engulfed my ears in a cacophony of happiness. I had a headache, and the noise was not the way I wanted to start the day.

I looked around the table to see my dad, Kara, Ashley, Anne, Gemma, Niall, Louis, Liam, Harry, and - holy shit.

"PAUL!" I screamed loudly, looking at my older brother with a grin. I hadn't seen him for about seven months, since he decided to join the US military, and had to permanently move his residence there. It made me sad, seeing as my brother was the only one who was always there for me. Sure, my parents were there for me early on in life, but once I was about 14, it's like they stopped being there. Like they stopped caring for a little while. Kara and I never got along, and if it weren't for Harry, we would probably still hate each other.

I mean, she did sleep with my boyfriend.

I didn't care how I looked in front of the boys, mainly because none of them I thought of romantically. They were hot, and dazzling, but I didn't know them (technically I only didn't know three of them, because I was we'll acquainted with Harry and Zayn) and they didn't really put up that much of an effort to get to know me either.

Louis and I's shared kiss was quickly forgotten about, since right afterwards he had gotten together with a brunette girl called Al, and I don't know if it's short for anything or not. Liam was a sweetheart, but in the few months I hd known them we didn't really talk. The first time Niall and I actually talked was last night, and that was nothing to sense a personality from. He could've just been pretending for my parents and Anne. He could be a right arse, though, I highly doubt he is.

"Hey squirt!" Paul grinned, hugging me back tightly as I ran over to him and pulled him into a bone crushing hug. He really was my best friend.

"Don't call me that!" I squealed, face turning red with embarrassment. Paul was only 21, and was actually Kara's twin (Kara was older) but he acted more like a dad than anything else. An annoying prat of a dad, but a dad all the same.

"I do what I want," he said, sticking his chin in the air, trying his hardest to look posh. My brother was handsome, with tanned skin and dark brown eyes. He had the lightest tone of skin out of us all, which I don't understand because America was supposed to be sunnier and warmer than England. He was a lot more muscular than he was when he left, and he had a slight beard scruff, but not much. It looked like he had shaved recently, so at least he's maintaining himself while he's away.

"Good morning Avery. How was your sleep?" Liam asked, like a proper gentleman. I smiled at his chivalry, but it reminded me of Zayn. I'll admit, my heart still speeds up atbthrnthought of him, and the mention of him, just him in general. But, he made his choice, and I guess I'd have to get over it.

"My sleep was just lovely, thank you for asking Liam," I responded curtiously, a smile etched onto my face. I had my family all back, and my best friend here. What more could I ask for?

I grabbed a plate and served myself three pancakes, all loaded with butter and syrup. I took a bite of them, savoring the delicious taste in my mouth. This is why I missed my mum so much.

We all made light conversation over breakfast, laughing at jokes made by others - generally at my expense - and eating a ton of pancakes. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I excused myself and got up, my chair screeching against the wooden floors.

"I'll get it," I told everyone. The doorbell rang a second time. "Pipe down I'm coming, laddy!" I yelled, twisting the doorknob and opening the door.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

"Umm, hi Avery," he said. I looked down towards my feet, not trusting myself to look him in the eyes. I don't know what would happen if i did.

I cleared my throat in acknowledgement and nodded. "Hello Zayn."

A/N

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

HI

So you can all thank this update to the wonderful @IrdinaN, who's not only one of my closest friends but also an AMAZING writer. Everyone needs to go check it out, and I swear if you don't, I'll have a cow. Understood?

Sorry for any spelling errors. I'm on my iPad and autocorrect is a bitch.

So what does everyone think of ZAYN being back? Happy? Mad? Excited? Tell me in the comments below!

Comment if you want to know what Zayn's doing here

Vote if you want to know why Paul showed up all of a sudden

Fan if you like Avery

I love you all! Happy Monday!

MWAH

-lauren. Xx