The Exorcism of Murtasim Khan

Dear Diary ,

I hope that by now you understand how very upset I am with life. Life just absolutely low-balled me and is now getting back at me for all those times I criticized my maths lecturer sense of dressing and his accent( to be fair it's atrocious)
So here I am, sitting in a car with Murtasim Khan driving to my home. Completely silent. 

My brain is on an overdrive though. I had told my Baba, my overprotective, sweet, loving Baba that a man was acting indecently with him and he had... he had.. sent me on a long drive with him. I was bamboozled . He didn't meet my eyes later as well.

Everyone acts shifty around me, as if they're afraid they'll tell me too much. What no one seems to be able to tell me is why Murtasim Khan is currently my designated driver.

Dear Diary, I am not an idiot. In fact if you look at my grades, I am decidedly very smart. And it's very clear that something has changed.. changed between me and Murtasim.
I decided to do my own investigative work. I started in my phone. As he grumpily sat next to me in the car, I flipped my phone open and stared at the recent chats- there were barely any. My socials were surprisingly silent too. I had stopped posting on Facebook and Instagram. I found a few hundred messages from Saba asking where I was and a few from Rohail too. Thankfully there was nothing from Murtasim- zilch- nothing.

But, why had I stopped talking to my friends? I scrolled to Saba's number and called her. She answered almost immediately.

" Meerab, ya Allah, kahan ho tum?" She cried almost fervently

" I- uh-I had an accident." I said not knowing what else to say

" What? Are you alright?"

I grimaced " Well, I was in a coma, have a twisted knee and I have lost a bit of my memory - but other than that I am great.."

There was a beat of silence and she said " which hospital?"

" Nahin main ghar ja rahi hoon. Just got discharged."

"Main aa rahi hoon tujhe Milne. Hum mein toh kuch pata bhi nahin tha.. uncle aunty ne bhi kuch nahin bataya.." Saba continued " Rohail toh  pagal hi ho gaya tha?"

I sighed. Another complication

" Ab Rohail kyun pagal ho gaya tha?" I mused and there was a swerve and I looked up to see Murtasim gripping the steering wheel tightly.

" You know how he is about you. Aur waise bhi  akhiri bar jab hum mile the, Murtasim tum utha le chala gaya.. toh thodi si fikar toh.."

" Utha ke le chala gaya matlab?" I said eyeing the grumpy man driving next to me. He looked grumpier in the sunlight. I scowled at him as he shot me a confused look.
Saba sighed " Just call him okay? I will see you soon"

I ended the call feeling even more annoyed at Murtasim. Why is he suddenly everywhere? In the hospital? In the car? Interfering in my equation with my friends and my parents? It's like I am in Murtasimistan.. and the government was following dictatorship commands from Khan Murtasim Khan.

I enjoyed glaring at him for a few minutes before it got boring even watching his jaw clench in frustration lost its appeal. With a sigh, I turned back to my phone and accessed my email. It was logged out of. I quickly typed my common password that I cleverly thought of when I was ten. It was a play on my common saying - Jahan Meerab hoti hai wahan wohi chamakti hai

I sat at my phone  and typed in my password.

MeerabSparkles4ever

Wrong password.

I glared at the screen.

I've had the same password since I was ten.

I took a deep breath. And then shot an angry look at the man driver silently. He shrugged at my evident anger. And it clicked on me.