My heart drops. I knew Shuji was in danger before but this sounds 10x worse.

"How long has this been going on?" I ask with bated breath.

"Couple months." Shuji says avoidant.

"Couple months?" I ask

"I've been having to keep him out of trouble for 6 months." Kisaki groans.

"YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN HIDING THIS FROM ME FOR SIX MONTHS?!?" I exclaim.

"Well yeah.." Hanma mumbles "I didn't know how to bring it up."

I look at him flabbergasted. "You didn't know how to tell me this since October?!?!" I scolded him "Maybe you could have brought it up before you moved in? Do you know how much danger you've put my mom in?"

Shuji looks down. "Sorry."

"Kiaski pull over." I demand.

Kiaski raises his eyebrows as his mom listens in on the drama. Leaf picks their hands. The car slowly rolls off the main road and into the ditch. I make Shuji get out of the car and I follow, Before Leaf can follow I shut the door.

"Y/n what is going on?" Shuji asks.

I walk him behind the car and motion for him to bend to my height. He does.

I slap him across the face. Shuji stands up straight, astonished, his hand holding his cheek, his eyes wide.

Before he can speak I do.

"I thought we agreed, no more secrets!" I yell my voice breaking

"I know but-"

"No buts! What else are you hiding from me?!"

"Nothing, I swear." Shuji breathes.

"I can't believe you." I tear up "I don't know what to say."

Shuji nods, rubbing his cheek "I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't enough Shuji, I need you to trust me! I need you to keep your promises!"

He nods quietly. "Yeah.."

"Yeah?" I exclaim "Yeah?!"

Shuji lets out a big sigh and throws his fist down on the car. "I'M TRYING OK?!"

I jump, afraid. I hear Ms. Kiaski yell something about the car being expensive.

Shuji notices my fear and retracts his fist his eyes wide. "Shit."

I take a few steps backwards and then rush back to get back into the car as Shuji lights a cigarette. As I sit everyone looks at me expecting me to say something. I don't.

After about ten minutes Shuji walks back up to the car putting out his cigarette under his foot. He opens the driver's door.

"Let me drive to Kisaki." He asks, his voice dark.

Kiaski folds his arms. "Fuck. No."

Ms. Kisaki agrees.

Shuji rolls his eyes and undoes Kiaski's seat belt and picks him up as Kiaski throws a string of curses and punches at him. Shuji pushes Kiaski in the backseat and quietly gets in the drivers, starting the car.

I'm squished between Leaf and Kiaski, the silence in the car is deafening. We approach Leaf's house first. We exchange a short, awkward goodbye, Leaf says they will text me. A few breaths later and we are at my apartment.

I open the door and get out.

"Thanks for picking us up Kiaski, it was nice meeting you Ms. Kiaski."