Part 2: There's More??

"Don't be overwise; fling yourself straight into life, without deliberation; don't be afraid - the flood will bear you to the bank and set you safe on your feet again."

― Fyodor Dostoevsky,

I got the hang of it eventually and he finally stopped laughing like freaking Scooby-Doo. Man, and I thought I had a weird laugh.

"*sigh* So why are you here? I told my story." I ask, genuinely curious.

"It's boring as hell but, as you said. My friend is younger than me and has strict parents, so he just left on the last bus. I was kinda just wondering what to do for the night." He shrugs.

"I see. How old are you and your friend?"

"Detective now huh?" He Snickers. "I'm sixteen, my friend Kisaki is thirteen."

"THIRTEEN!!!! WHAT! I thought like within a year that's three! The fuck?"

"Quick maths!!" He exclaims sarcastically. "Friends are hard to find, I'll take what I can get ok? ...HEY DON'T PITY ME!"

"Sorry sorry!" I put my hands up as if he were a police officer.

"It's fine."

"Hey, the rain is dying down." I observe.

"Yeah, it is... Hey! before you go." He asks as I stand up.

"Sup?"

"Could I get your number? You know so we don't completely lose contact? Like I said, friends are hard to find." He awkwardly explains.

"Sure, here is my number." I told him as he put it in his phone.

"Here's mine." He gives his to me and I put him in my contacts as, bench guy.

"Cool, see you." I wave and start my journey back to my house.

"It was nice talking! Oh and! Don't forget to discard that cig before you get home. I know your parents don't allow it, little guy!" He yells.

"I AM NOT LITTLE!" I yell back laughing.

—home—

As soon as I'm home I'm welcomed by my first text from him.

[bench guy]: my name is Shuji Hanma by the way.

[Me]: cool. Mines y/n l/n

I'm actually quite surprised he texted me first. I set my phone down on my desk and sit down on my bed. The walk home sucked; it felt like my joints were made of a stiff metal that hadn't been oiled in decades. The cold from the rain didn't help either. It was pleasant, not one bit.

Asides from that, I made a friend! Someone who listened and, for the most part, didn't judge. I can tell he isn't a good influence, but even while I was sitting by him in the most quiet and boring setting, it felt like sparks enveloped my body.

I hope we can cross paths again.

-morning-

I still ache, but I can deal with it. I go down the hall to the kitchen and have a small breakfast. I'm not usually hungry in the morning but my mom has most recently started to blame my lack of energy on no breakfast. So to prove her wrong, I've started to try and eat breakfast.

Once I've finished eating I grab my things and step out the door. The smell of a morning after rain hugs my body like a whisper from the earth that today is going to be good. It's about a twenty minute walk to school, just me and nature, along with the occasional car driving down the road. To make that time go by I love to listen to music, but only with one earbud, I can't trust myself two.