Game Night

Sorry for the long wait in-between. I hope you all enjoy this update.

3rd Person's POV

Maggie opens the front door for Jackson and his date. "Hi." She greets them.

"Hi."

"You must be Priya. I'm Maggie."

"Oh, it is such a pleasure to meet you." Priya shakes Maggie's hand. "I understand you're revolutionizing ventricular assist device technology. So impressive."

"Wow! Jackson told you." Maggie says in shock. "And you know what it is." They both laugh.

"I represented a Burmese dissident who died after his LVAD failed during a prison power outage." Priya clarifies. "I needed to learn my way around some medicine."

"Yeah."

"Are any of your friends like ballplayers or accountants?" Maggie's date, Clive asks. "Trying to keep up here." Maggie laughs nervously.

"This is Clive. He, um... he's being modest. He actually came up with the algorithm to predict stock values based on social media hashtags." Maggie boasts.

"Get out of here."

"Mm-hmm. Hey, well, I have heard so much about you." Jackson reaches out to shake Clive's hand.

"He's joking."

"Whatever she told you, it's probably true. I'm pretty boring."

"Uh, do you want me to help you with this?" Priya offers Clive regarding the appetizer plate. Someone knocks on the door.

"Yeah, let's go out here." Clive and Priya leave Jackson and Maggie. Maggie goes to open the door to find April.

"Hmm. Thank you."

"Ah. So you guys are a thing now. Huh." April comments. The smiles on their faces fell as April laughed. "Your parents must be thrilled."

"Wait

"Wait. Who?"

"Who's a thing? Clive and Priya stopped and asked April because they were confused by her comment.

"No, no, no. She's just..." Jackson tries to smooth this over.

"Oh, I'm just his ex-wife and baby mama." April clarifies.

"Whoa, okay. Are you all right?" Jackson asks her.

"Oh, yeah, never better. Hey, I'm April. How's it going? Hey. Hey." April introduces herself to everyone.

"Hey, April, thanks for coming. Do you want something to drink?" Maggie asks.

"Oh, no. I brought my own." April pulls out a bottle from her purse. "Ha!"

"She seems fun." Clive comments.

"Ha."

"Yeah." The group of five gather around the coffee table with the games piled around them, wondering where everyone else is.